ACN Latitudes Forums

Biaxin

My sons tics have kicked up the last couple of weeks. He now is doing a leg lift and blinking. The leg lift is one I have never seen before. Sort of like you were to kick yourself in the behind. I think the new problems are from him losing a tooth. Do you guys see this with teeth loss? He lost one last week and says the other one is loose. Dr. T wants him on 10 days Biaxin as the Azith does not seem to be helping. How do your kids do on Biaxin? He has not done this one before. He did do well on high dose Augmentin. Azith has never seemed to really help him. His symptoms are mainly tics. I was just hoping to make it through this school year, but kids have been asking him about the blinks!

Bmom,

Hi...sorry to hear of your bump in the road....I know how it feels. Neither of my kids have ever had increases with losing teeth....but, that is just my kids.

Both my boys went on a 10 day course of Biaxin in the winter because of a bad cold with cough. There PANDAS symptoms were increased, too (mildly)......they did fine on it, but, I don't know if the antibiotic worked to settle things down or not, or, if the mild symptoms just disappeared with time.....actually, the latter would get my vote.

I'd tell my son to tell the kids he has allergies and his eyes are itchy, etc. lol Just me....don't kknow if others would think it was a good idea or not.....

Do you still agree with Dr. K that IVIG is a "cure?" Have you been in touch with him,or, are you just working with Dr. t?

Thanks Kelly! I can always count on you for a reply! I have been very busy voting everyday and crossing my fingers! I am working with both doctors somewhat, but mainly doc T. Last time I talked to Dr. K he said steroid burst and then possibly another IVIG if needed. I am not ruling either out, but like the other options Dr. T has: different antibiotics etc. We shall see! Would love to say SOMETHING is a cure, but IVIG has not been that for us. I know my son had this for years prior to treatment and so that plays into the overall picture. For some, I would say IVIG is a cure. Perhaps another IVIG would be it for us!

My sons tics have kicked up the last couple of weeks. He now is doing a leg lift and blinking. The leg lift is one I have never seen before. Sort of like you were to kick yourself in the behind. I think the new problems are from him losing a tooth. Do you guys see this with teeth loss? He lost one last week and says the other one is loose. Dr. T wants him on 10 days Biaxin as the Azith does not seem to be helping. How do your kids do on Biaxin? He has not done this one before. He did do well on high dose Augmentin. Azith has never seemed to really help him. His symptoms are mainly tics. I was just hoping to make it through this school year, but kids have been asking him about the blinks!

Biaxin has been our wonder drug, but it didn't get rid of the tics completely. Mainly we have seen a huge change in mood and reduction of OCD. The tics are fewer than before, but he definitely still has days that they are very much present. Makes me think there is more than one thing causing the symptoms, possibly allergies.