ACN Latitudes Forums

Survivor Strategy Update

I am continuing to cast our votes for the list posted earlier by various people:

PANDAS!

WMS

Jett

Sky U

SMA 250K

SMA 25K

Ceritas Camp Out for Cancer

Ride 192

Mule Muscle

and the last one varies

Consistent block-voting sends a message and garners votes to be sure--but we need to be strategic about WHO we vote for ( I think:) as that directly ties into the number of votes they may provide our cause.

In our discussion yesterday it was noted there were "causes" that appeared to have FAR fewer comments then is typical and some of these were definitely FRONT runners! (SKY U, SMA, for example) --so who is voting and voting for them?

Jill speculated that some groups may have lists of email addresses which people have agreed to provide for vote casting purposes and someone may be entering those long lists daily. The more I thought about this the more I agree that is VERY likely happening.

These "types" of groups may be likely to "add" us to their BIG voting if we are posting comments and voting for them--(taking pity on us.) -- At the same time, I think it is important to try to get the votes of groups that may have "alot of voters" -- as in the WMS (Middle School) and the Kickin' Mules--a High School.

Good night everyone!:)

Edited by T.Mom

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peglem,

It is funny you mention this because I had sent Vickie an e-mail earlier today stating the very same concern.....that we were not on the same page and everything is too disorganized and confusing. Like Vickie said, we didn't anticipate this and are doing our best.

We have discussed this via personal e-mail and are devising a plan. I will consider what you have suggested when I write it up.

I will begin a completely new thread.......we will disregard the old ones. It won't be up until tomorrow morning sometime. My kids leave for school at 8, then, I will write it up and look into everything, so, it may take an hour or so. You all may want to hold off on voting until the post goes up. This is up to you...remember, we have all day to vote.

Thanks for everything!

Kelly

Thanks Kelly! You guys are awesome for setting this up and taking charge of it! It sure got overwhelming and crazy, really fast! I felt kinda bad making suggestions when I have so little to offer in the way of time to actually do the work of organizing!

I think we should consider collecting our own email lists, similar to sponsorship donations except we only need your name, email and permission to vote as our leaders deem best strategy. I'm thinking, if we need to for June, start to form relationships with those that did really well, but didn't quite make it, vote in blocks with less comments. It would probably be faster than what we're doing now. But that won't work for May and hopefully we'll start gaining ground again tomorrow.

I think I'm going to start asking folks and middle school students at work.

Final post on this thread.

We are starting a new, hopefully shorter, to the point one. Please just let this one run it's course down the forum. Thank you.

New thread...

http://www.latitudes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8208

And, EAMom, I think its the number of comments slowing the submissions down. The submissions that don't have many comments load up fast.