ACN Latitudes Forums

DS5 eyes VERY dilated pupils, acting VERY weird

So DS5 whom has not even been on the radar for PANDAS had strep in February and started with some finger tics and nail biting. Watched him closely of course because of DS7 and what we are going through with him for the last year and a half. So, DS5 tested + for step a week ago today and the last few days he has been wild eyed, temper tantrums, just quite delirious off and on. Lots of finger tics that have moved to his wrists and ankles and toes. Some separation anxiety and OC thoughts and comments. I had heard about the wide pupils but coudn't remember if I had seen them with my DS7 last year when I would say his initial onset was (we weren't thinking it was PANDAS at that time), but after bath tonight I about freaked when I saw my DS5's eyes. I attached pictures. Same light, same place, completely different dilation. FREAKED ME OUT! This HAS to be what people talk about with the wide pupils. The pictures don't even do it justice! Wish I could post them but my link does not work!

Edited by saidie10

So DS5 whom has not even been on the radar for PANDAS had strep in February and started with some finger tics and nail biting. Watched him closely of course because of DS7 and what we are going through with him for the last year and a half. So, DS5 tested + for step a week ago today and the last few days he has been wild eyed, temper tantrums, just quite delirious off and on. Lots of finger tics that have moved to his wrists and ankles and toes. Some separation anxiety and OC thoughts and comments. I had heard about the wide pupils but coudn't remember if I had seen them with my DS7 last year when I would say his initial onset was (we weren't thinking it was PANDAS at that time), but after bath tonight I about freaked when I saw my DS5's eyes. I attached pictures. Same light, same place, completely different dilation. FREAKED ME OUT! This HAS to be what people talk about with the wide pupils. The pictures don't even do it justice! I wish I could figure out a way to post them on here. Anyone know how?

I don't know how to post pics except that you could provide a link to another site like a blog or something.

I am so sorry. I know the feeling of having your second son fall into the h### of pandas. It is so horrible and overwhelming, especially when they exacerbate at the same time. Non-functional.

Well, all I can say is that with my second son at least we knew what to do second time around and we didn't waste years looking for a dx and a doc. At least everything was lined up...

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Stephanie

Hi,

My son gets the dilated wild look in his eyes when he's having a rough period. Once he starts yelling and running around, the first thing we do is check his eyes and they're always dilated. I'm so sorry your second son is going through this. Once I realized that this was what my son had, I realized that my daughter has it at times as well- she doesn't get the dilated eyes, but she gets the tics and OCD behaviors. It broke my heart when I realized they both have it. So, I know what you're going through. It's not fun!

So DS5 whom has not even been on the radar for PANDAS had strep in February and started with some finger tics and nail biting. Watched him closely of course because of DS7 and what we are going through with him for the last year and a half. So, DS5 tested + for step a week ago today and the last few days he has been wild eyed, temper tantrums, just quite delirious off and on. Lots of finger tics that have moved to his wrists and ankles and toes. Some separation anxiety and OC thoughts and comments. I had heard about the wide pupils but coudn't remember if I had seen them with my DS7 last year when I would say his initial onset was (we weren't thinking it was PANDAS at that time), but after bath tonight I about freaked when I saw my DS5's eyes. I attached pictures. Same light, same place, completely different dilation. FREAKED ME OUT! This HAS to be what people talk about with the wide pupils. The pictures don't even do it justice! I wish I could figure out a way to post them on here. Anyone know how?

I don't know how to post pics except that you could provide a link to another site like a blog or something.

I am so sorry. I know the feeling of having your second son fall into the h### of pandas. It is so horrible and overwhelming, especially when they exacerbate at the same time. Non-functional.

Well, all I can say is that with my second son at least we knew what to do second time around and we didn't waste years looking for a dx and a doc. At least everything was lined up...

Best of luck and keep us updated!

Stephanie