ACN Latitudes Forums

Lyme Documentary

We did the IGeneX basic Lyme panel.....he was positive for 3 double star bands..... 31: 2+; 41: 1+; 83: 1+

Which Igenex test did you do? I went on their website but was confused at which test would be best. My daughter had a Western Blot by Quest Diagnostics and came up IgG & IgM positive for band 41 and IgG positive for band 66.

The test we did was IgeneX #4090 Western Blot IgG, Western Blot IgM, Lyme IgG/IgM/IgA Screen (IFA)

It's VERY expensive but I was thinking that when I get it back from Dr. B and I'm done with it we can start a chain and keep sending it on to one another!

I just looked for this DVD on Amazon and it's selling for $99.99! WHAT? :blink:

My sister bought it for me when it was a pre-release or something. She borrowed it though and hasn't returned it. :) It is very good, and the book Cure Unknown is a must read.

I remember that in June they were stopping sales on the documentary until the final product was out on the market. Maybe that is why it is expensive. I would hold out until then and check out the Under Our Skin website for news.

Thanks for posting this. I think it is extremely important for everyone to know how insidious Lyme Disease, and the many coinfections that go along with it, can be. It can manifest in many different ways and look like MANY other diseases/disorders/conditions, including tic disorders, Tourette's, and OCD, just to name a few.

Although the disease is 'recognized' by most docs, most have NO CLUE how to treat it properly. After my son's tick bites, his pediatrician prescribed the WRONG antibiotic (she chose one that is ineffective for Lyme) and the script was for a completely inadequate length of time (5 days) even if it had been the right one. I didn't know anything about Lyme Disease at the time, and sadly my son paid the price for both of our ignorance.

Hmmm....just like PANDAS! well, except for the part about being recognized by many docs...

Chronic Lyme disease does not exist according to authorities. Neurological Lyme does not happen in children according to these same experts. Everyone outside of Connecticut is told Lyme doesn't exist in their state (exaggerated but close.) The official IDSA guidelines for treating Lyme disease DON'T WORK if you have been infected longer than (a few weeks?) You still get condescending smirks from local doctors when it is mentioned... And the list goes on and on... So PANDAS and Lyme kid parents are in the same boat of having a hard time finding a doc to treat. :blink:

Edited by harpazo_hope