ACN Latitudes Forums

Pandas Dr. in Houston, Tx

I am looking for a Dr. who can treat Pandas in Houston, Texas. I got Dr. Quentin Collard's name off the forum list. If anyone has used her, I would love to hear about your experience. Also, if anyone is familiar with another Dr. in Houston who treats Pandas, I would appreciate the referral.

Hi! I am in San Marcos and have been looking for Doctors in Texas too. We are currently seeing a Neurologist in Austin. Still not sure if we are in the right place :) I did contact the first Neurologist we saw in San Antonio over a year ago who has since moved his practice to Houston. A large majority of the Tourrettes Group parents from San Antonio swear by this doctor for their kids. His name is Dr. Joshua Rotenberg. I contacted his office in Houston just a few days ago and asked his nurse if he was treating any PANDAS patients. She called me back and said yes and bring our son and he will try and help him. We are thinking about it. Good luck and let us know where you end up!

I am looking for a Dr. who can treat Pandas in Houston, Texas. I got Dr. Quentin Collard's name off the forum list. If anyone has used her, I would love to hear about your experience. Also, if anyone is familiar with another Dr. in Houston who treats Pandas, I would appreciate the referral.

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to let seekers for Houston, TX know that we just recently went to see Dr. Rotenberg. He is a very nice neurologist with a great, easy-going manner, but as far as I can tell, he is completely mainstream-minded.

So if you're looking for a regular neurologist, I recommend him; but if you're looking for a PANDAS doc or at least one who is open to exploring the immunological avenues of OCD/Tourette's, look elsewhere (at least at this time - we can hope ongoing research will open more medical minds soon!).

~Grace

Dr. Quentin Collards name should have been removed from the list on this forum. She DOES NOT treat Pandas and asked that her name be removed from any lists.

I do have names of doctors in DFW area who treat, if you would like them, please pm me.

Linda

I am also in Houston and have been searching for a doctor. I called Dr. Collard and she gave me quite an earful on how we are harming our children with aggressive treatments...pretty sure she's not a PANDAS believer! I've had no luck finding a dr. either - we eventually went to DC to see Dr. L but that has not turned out to be very helpful given the distance. If you find someone please let me know and I'll do the same. We are starting a support group in The Woodlands - if you'd like more info, PM me.

Just wanted to let seekers for Houston, TX know that we just recently went to see Dr. Rotenberg. He is a very nice neurologist with a great, easy-going manner, but as far as I can tell, he is completely mainstream-minded.

So if you're looking for a regular neurologist, I recommend him; but if you're looking for a PANDAS doc or at least one who is open to exploring the immunological avenues of OCD/Tourette's, look elsewhere (at least at this time - we can hope ongoing research will open more medical minds soon!).

~Grace

Grace - I'm curious what Dr. Rotenberg did to help you? I called his office and his receptionist said they treat PANDAS patients...did she just mean the symptoms (with SSRI, etc.)?

NMom,

I mentioned that I was wondering about the possibility of PANDAS as I was discussing my ds's history & issues with him. He completely ignored it & went on to ask me some other questions. So I do not know how he responds to patients who are already diagnosed & seeking abx, but it does not appear to be something he is interested in exploring for himself at this point in time.

It looks like we are either going to Louisiana or San Antonio for help. How bizarre is it that Houston has one of the best medical centers in the country & we can't get help here? :(

~Grace

Edited by GraceUnderPressure

• 5 years later...

Hello. I am in Austin, Texas and am looking for a doctor familiar with PANDAS to give a possible diagnosis. Has anyone had experience with doctors in the Austin area? I'm also willing to travel.

TEXAS

• *Dr. Sesgagiri Rao (Leading PANDAS Physician)

Immunologist

972-964-7374

Plano, TX

will treat more complicated cases involving PANDAS and Autism

• *Dr. Bruce Russell (Leading PANDAS Physician)

Pediatrician

361-749-1930

Port Aransas, TX

May not be accepting new patients.

Will treat more complicated cases involving PANDAS and Autism

• Dr. Shreenath Doctor

Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Pharmacology

713-524-3399

Houston, Texas

http://pandasnetwork.org/researchandresources/find-help/usproviders/#TEXAS