ACN Latitudes Forums

Aetna Insurance coverage for IVIG

Has anyone successfully been able to get Aetna insurance coverage for IVIG, we have been declined coverage according to their IVIG policies that consider IVIG "experimental" for PANDAS treatment.

If you had success would you consider sharing contacts at Aetna in a PM, thanks!

Has anyone successfully been able to get Aetna insurance coverage for IVIG, we have been declined coverage according to their IVIG policies that consider IVIG "experimental" for PANDAS treatment.

If you had success would you consider sharing contacts at Aetna in a PM, thanks!

And to me also!

This probably isn't helpful, but Aetna covered it for both of my boys. We submitted it as immune deficiency since they both have pretty bad ones, and didn't even mention PANDAS. It took 1 week for them to pre-certify us. To my surprise, they pre-certified for 11 treatments for each of them over the next year. We hope not to have to do that much, but it's good to know that it's there.

Aetna denied IVIG for me, even though I also have immune deficiency, because they felt that mine was not severe enough. We are still going through the appeal process. A friend of mine who works for BC/BS said that Aetna is famous for not paying for anything so I'm not sure what to expect.