ACN Latitudes Forums

stiff neck

First thing that comes to mind is meningitis!

Does he have a neck tic that is making those muscles sore?

I sometimes wonder if being sore triggers tics and tics make muscles sore and it becomes a vicious cycle.

First thing that comes to mind is meningitis!

Does he have a neck tic that is making those muscles sore?

I sometimes wonder if being sore triggers tics and tics make muscles sore and it becomes a vicious cycle.

Yes Ashlyn actually has the sneezing tic (for 4 1/2 weeks this time) but it is not a forceful sneeze to where the head is slinging at this time. The sore neck has been present before but has gotten severe the last couple of days.

Have you tried epsom baths? The magnesium creme has worked really well for us if you apply it on the affected area. Take magnesium orally. Lastly, do deep breathing 3x a day, about 6X each incidence will help reset the body's nervous system.

Pat

Stiff neck and shoulders is very common with Lyme disease.

Her test for Lyme was neg. I will def try the magnesium and epsom salt! We massage and place the heat pads with meds and have changed pillows. She has bad headaches right now too but this has been one of her symptoms all along. As far as the deep breathing--she would love that! Waiting IVIG and she said the first thing she wants to do when sneezing stops is take a deep breath in and let a deep breath out :)

Muscle pain is a frequent complaint of my ds. Immuno testing showed high C3D compounding - not exactly an expert on this, but it's apparently a general symptom of many autoimmune diseases. If you google C3D, you get lots of hits about rheumatoid arthritis. Mu general understanding is that the compounding shows that the immune system is attacking the body and causing muscle pain. You'll often have high C3D with bad allergies and it's part of the reason you can feel flu-like muscle pain at the height of allergy season.

So the muscle pain may be a sign that you're dealing with an autoimmune response. I'd try regular (every 4-5 hr) doses of motrin for several days and see if that helps.

Stiff neck and shoulders is very common with Lyme disease.

Her test for Lyme was neg. I will def try the magnesium and epsom salt! We massage and place the heat pads with meds and have changed pillows. She has bad headaches right now too but this has been one of her symptoms all along. As far as the deep breathing--she would love that! Waiting IVIG and she said the first thing she wants to do when sneezing stops is take a deep breath in and let a deep breath out :)

Not to drag it on, but did you see her western blot? Did she have *any* bands show up? A negative test means nothing and Lyme is a clinical diagnosis... but you're her mom with those mother's instincts that I would trust.

My stiff neck was helped by a product called GDU... it had enzymes, turmeric, and some other anti-inflammatory herbs.

Not to drag it on, but did you see her western blot? Did she have *any* bands show up? A negative test means nothing and Lyme is a clinical diagnosis... but you're her mom with those mother's instincts that I would trust.

My stiff neck was helped by a product called GDU... it had enzymes, turmeric, and some other anti-inflammatory herbs.

but you're her mom with those mother's instincts that I would trust. i certainly second this.

are you aware headaches are a common lyme symptom?

just to mention our story . . . last june, my son's western blot was completely non-reactive. in january, i spoke with one of our drs saying i didn't feel he seemed on a good healing path - just a collection of good and bad days, should we revisit lyme? he referred us to another dr. the new dr said based on his symptoms, he'd think he has lyme. (pretty classic pandas symptoms). he's treating him for lyme - only 7 weeks and we believe will be a long process. can't say yet what i think. previous - my son was 'okay' but still would have behaviors i didn't think were healthy. i do believe he is now better with inappropriate freak-outs. is it due to the new treatment? not sure, could be, maybe not. all i do know is i'll take the increased rationality.

Edited by smartyjones

No advice really, but just wanted to mention my son has complained of having a stiff neck several times this year. It's been concerning but seems to always go away after a few days...Headaches are definitely more consistent.

No advice really, but just wanted to mention my son has complained of having a stiff neck several times this year. It's been concerning but seems to always go away after a few days...Headaches are definitely more consistent.

Lyme IGM AB panel 12-4-09 IGM AB bands present none---AB IGG panel band present 66 kDa Does this make sense? Should I have the western blot re-drawn?

I am confused if I am being told dd may have Lyme instead of PANDAS or along with PANDAS or is this maybe what caused PANDAS?

Where can I get GDU product and I love the epsom salt remedies--we believe in the epsom salt!

Edited by Ashlynsmom

Lyme IGM AB panel 12-4-09 IGM AB bands present none---AB IGG panel band present 66 kDa Does this make sense? Should I have the western blot re-drawn?

I am confused if I am being told dd may have Lyme instead of PANDAS or along with PANDAS or is this maybe what caused PANDAS?

i'm certainly wouldn't try to tell you your dd has lyme and/or pandas. i just wanted to make sure you knew there are a few of us on this forum that have recently found lyme to be an issue for our children as well as pandas/strep. my son had pretty 'classic' pandas symptoms, high titers and a positive strep culture, 100% remission with abx. however, he wasn't really on a good healing path after i believe the strep to be gone. he spiraled down with a flu. i thought it might be worthwhile to revisit lyme.

our new dr found lyme and toxoplasma gondii to be a problem for him. i believe some children may have multiple infections going on. difficult to figure out what came first and/or what enabled the other. some infections may have similar symptoms. i find it troublesome to determine what tests and when to stop - Dr. T once mentioned you can always do more tests and sometimes with great expense and maybe not much return.

the symptoms you describe are also lyme symptoms. lyme can make it difficult for someone to kick other infections. it may or may not be a problem for your child.

the western blot has issues and i believe by the CDC's own voice, it's not a diagnostic tool but a statistical one -- although it is widely used as diagnostic -- certainly anyone with more info, correct me if i'm wrong.

Here is a link on the western blot test. I would DEFINITELY consider lyme if band 66 came up. I would consider it if NO bands came up because often the most ill of lyme patients test negative.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimateb...i/topic/1/42077?

The significant antibodies, in my opinion, are the 18, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 34, 39, 58, 66 and 93.

The GDU came from a company called Daniel Chapter 1 or 11 or 7 or something with an odd number... lol.

Back to edit this again. I too am confused... is it Lyme or could it be another infection. That's where the PITANDS name comes in I guess... I don't care what is causing it. I just want to find out WHAT and have our kids better. :D

Edited by harpazo_hope