ACN Latitudes Forums

What does a perianal strep rash look like on a boy?

OK-sometimes these posts just freak me out...how can we all be experiencing the same thing in so many different places in the world and still be doubted by the medical establishment? Our ped (who is been very supportive now of PANDAS--we'll be seeing Dr K on May 26) was going through DD12's chart to determine what to send to Dr K for our consult and discovered visits in 2000 for a "diaper rash" that was cultured and tested positive for strep pyogenes and numerous staph. DD was medicated with Aug and bactriban...I weep to consider that this could have possibly been the impetus to all our dd's troubles...a diaper rash? 10 years ago?? And yet, so many of you here are stating just that very fact.

Both my 1 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter were diagnosed with rectal strep today. They both had a slight peeling rash that would come and go with diaper rash creams for over a month. My son has been screaming with every bowl and I have been going crazy trying to change his diet to aid constipation. On the onset of the rash, my daughter had spilled head and shoulders into her tub, so I thought it was a rash from that which kept reappearing. As soon as I got the diagnoses it all became clear for me. My daughter did have another rash on her body (during this time) while we were in Florida. However, I am pretty sure she had an allergy to sunscreen.