ACN Latitudes Forums

Pepsi Refresh

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All we need to do is make it into the top 10....So if we were to go the top few in our category (50K) and vote...let them know we are keeping them there....ask that they help pull us up by voting for us too? Basically, we would be riding on their success....

For those who are keeping friends and family informed via posts on facebook...a way to increase your friends is to look to the right hand side under "Suggesions" there is always a new friend that is being suggested...hit "See All" and you will see many more people...I just sent out about 10 friend requests--mostly people I went to grade school/high school with.

I was always a little hesitant about sending a friend request...but that person doesn't have to approve you if they don't want...

Is anyone good at Twitter? I had an idea to bounce of of you? What if we twitter celebs with OCD and ask them to support a cause that will help kids with severe OCD behaviors? I think some celebs actively participate in their twitter accounts, don't they? Here's a list of celebs with OCD...

Alec Baldwin (actor) Billy Bob Thorton (actor) Cameron Diaz (actress) David Beckham (professional athlete) David Sedaris (commedian) Donald Trump (businessman) Fred Durst (muscian)

Harrison Ford (actor) Howard Stern (radio personality) Howie Mandel (comedian) Jane Horrocks (actress, musician) Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jessica Alba (actress) Joey Ramone (musician) Justin Timberlake (actor) Kathie Lee Gifford (TV Personality) Leonardo Dicaprio (actor) Marc Summers (TV host actor) Natalie Appleton (musician) Rosaanne Barr (actress) Rose McGowan (actress)

Woody Allen (actor)

Anyone up for the challenge?

I just had another idea along those lines....a lot of times fans create Facebook and Myspace pages about the celebrity....Maby if we cooridinated, and became fans too...then we could leave comments about helping kids who suffer from OCD...These sites are not officially approved by the celebrity but a lot of times there are many "fans"

Kayanne,

I am going to have to suggest that you do NOT go to the top 10 in our category and vote and let them know we are keeping them there. I don't want to keep them there! I don't, personally, think we should vote for anyone in the 50K category, ever! And, let's play a good, honest game. If we are not voting for them, then, let's not say we are. I think if we would actually vote for them in attempt to ride on their success, we would be keeping them there. We are doing pretty darned good so far.

One thing we could do, is to go into the "comments" of the top ten in our category (WITHOUT voting for them) ....see who IS voting for them, and then send those guys lots of votes from us (as long as they are not in the 50K category) in the attempt to divert their votes for the top 10 to us.

What does everybody think of this? This is my opinion....don't vote for top 10 in our category, however, you guys may have a different perspective on this. Please chime in!

Kayanne,

I am going to have to suggest that you do NOT go to the top 10 in our category and vote and let them know we are keeping them there. I don't want to keep them there! I don't, personally, think we should vote for anyone in the 50K category, ever! And, let's play a good, honest game. If we are not voting for them, then, let's not say we are. I think if we would actually vote for them in attempt to ride on their success, we would be keeping them there. We are doing pretty darned good so far.

One thing we could do, is to go into the "comments" of the top ten in our category (WITHOUT voting for them) ....see who IS voting for them, and then send those guys lots of votes from us (as long as they are not in the 50K category) in the attempt to divert their votes for the top 10 to us.

What does everybody think of this? This is my opinion....don't vote for top 10 in our category, however, you guys may have a different perspective on this. Please chime in!

Okay...I think we will by most successful if we are all on the same page as far as strategy goes! :)

Yeah...I see now that if we vote for any of the top 10 in our category, it will be EVEN Harder to break into those slots....So I TOTALLY RECIND my idea about the top ten...okay we all have duh moments!! Sorry :)

Kayanne....No problem....we are all just doing our best! :)

To All........don't forget to use the "Survivor Strategy." Keep a list of who you are voting for that is OUT of our category. Mix it up a bit, add some new causes in every day in order to recruit more causes voting for us. "Make new friends, but keep the old...one is silver and the other's gold." :)

GREAT idea! Let's try to pull votes away from top 10 in 50K category by supporting their supporters.

I also agree we should NOT be voting for anyone else in the 50K category. If you have another cause in 50K you care a lot about, help us get PANDAS funding this month, then vote for them next month. Splitting your votes doesn't help either cause in the end.

Edited by mama2alex

My husband sent this to his old fraternity mailing list and now has 200 guys checking us out too (and their wives!!!)

He said it best when he noted this morning ghat we jumped 120 spots or so in just one week!!! It was the first week, if we can ride that momentum though the end, when others may slow down, we can't be stopped!!!

I've posted signs all over my office and the kids day care and left take home cards to remind parents, and my husbands ENTIRE office is voting daily!!!

Kelly or Vickie,

Do the rules say anything about recruiting email info? So if you had like a sponsor sheet where other folks agreed to give you their email and let you use their name to vote for PANDAS, is that against the rules, if you help them out like that?

I know a lot of people I've talked to are supportive, but it's hard for them to remember every single day.

I wonder if that is what has been meant by "sending 15 votes your way" and comments as such?

Edited by JAG10

I looked through the FAQ page and the application guidelines page and I see nothing about being a liason for votes. So, in my opinion, there is nothing against it as long as the person authorizes the use of their email address. After the voting perod ends in May, there is about a 2-3 week lull in between the end of the voting period and finding out who the actual winner is. I don't know what kind of auditing is invloved. So, I would at least make sure they agree to giving their address and voting.

If anyone wants to look at those sections and make sure I didn't miss anything, that'd be great. They're at the very bottom of the website.

Edited by Vickie