ACN Latitudes Forums

I found IVIG Heaven...

:)

I wanted to let everyone know that I found an amazing company that did my son's second IVIG. They are called Coram Healthcare.

They have 75 locations across the US. They are infusion centers.

Here is the link:

http://www.coramhc.com/Map/Default.aspx

phone number: 800-423-1411

Just to give you an idea on cost: When I went to Denver to the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders to get my son's first IVIG, it was $42,000 on paper (what they billed Blue Shield of Calif.) I had a $3,600 deductible which was already met so they paid $31,000 of that submitted bill and the doctor took that as payment in full.

Now, for my son's second IVIG (he is 130 pounds, 12 years old). The cost was $8,000 at Coram. I was fortuante to have a pediatrician that understands PANDAS (his son has it) and was willing to write up the orders and referred me to Coram Infusion services. My ped. used Dr. Kovacevic's protocol.

I can't believe it was 80% less! Just wanted to share this with all of you... This could mean the difference between someone getting IVIG or not getting it, in this economy especially...

I hope this helps these poor suffering kids and families...

:)

I wanted to let everyone know that I found an amazing company that did my son's second IVIG. They are called Coram Healthcare.

They have 75 locations across the US. They are infusion centers.

Here is the link:

http://www.coramhc.com/Map/Default.aspx

phone number: 800-423-1411

Just to give you an idea on cost: When I went to Denver to the Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders to get my son's first IVIG, it was $42,000 on paper (what they billed Blue Shield of Calif.) I had a $3,600 deductible which was already met so they paid $31,000 of that submitted bill and the doctor took that as payment in full.

Now, for my son's second IVIG (he is 130 pounds, 12 years old). The cost was $8,000 at Coram. I was fortuante to have a pediatrician that understands PANDAS (his son has it) and was willing to write up the orders and referred me to Coram Infusion services. My ped. used Dr. Kovacevic's protocol.

I can't believe it was 80% less! Just wanted to share this with all of you... This could mean the difference between someone getting IVIG or not getting it, in this economy especially...

I hope this helps these poor suffering kids and families...

Wonderful!!

Now the qestions...

What dosage 2 gr per? What is the type of IVIG? Name?/

Thanks

Melanie

Another great post!!!!!

What a great board!!!!!!

along this line of thought.....maybe those of us who are healthy, may want to remember to donate blood....on my list is to call red cross, but i may call this center since i'm O- maybe they need it for something more particular...

i used to give all the time...these last XXXXX years i've been a little busy....

my ds hasn't had ivig but trying to pass what i can where i can..

There is one in our area, as well! Great to know, in the event we go down the IVIG path. Wonder if they, too, accept insurance (assuming insurance agrees to pay for the process at all, that is) . . . .

They take our insurance and they are 45 minutes away!! Holy moly!! This is answered prayer!!! Also, all they need is your doc to call them to set up IVIG!!! WOW!!!!!

THANK YOU! You did hit the Jackpot!!!!!

What brand of IVIG and what dose did you get???

Edited by P.Mom

I called them and they're quote for IVIG was 1/2 the cost of the hospital center! She said they are able to provide Gammaguard at wholesale cost given their buying power, provide a discount for self-payers and may even be able to work with me further to reduce the quoted cost ($11,000). The only catch is that they do not have a physician on site and didn't know if they would be able to do the first one there due to liablity (if he had a bad reaction) but they are more than willing to try and work it out and suggested asking my pediatrician (who is 3 minutes away) if she might be "on-call" during the infusion. Strangely enough, I think she might be. She seems to have gotten on board with this since our consultation last month when I presented her with all our labs/emails/pet scans etc.

What fabulous information. Thank you!!!

Does anyone know what they charge per pound or kilogram of weight for the IVIG?

Elizabeth

What it be crazy of me to bypass everything and just get IVIG. I am so tired and and ready to see improvement. My son is tired and wants to be back to "normal" He hates the antibiotic. It gives him belly aches and horrible taste. we also think this is causing his feet to hurt. I sent the information to Dr. T. I hope he agrees.

WornoutMom...what do you mean. They don't do initial infusions there???

The woman I spoke with was SO nice and helpful, but concerned about "liability" regarding any bad reaction the first time since they did not have a physician on staff at our local location. It is done with nurses (similar to in-home). I'll let you know more as we pursue this. Our prescribing doc is out of the country accepting some international accolade (great to be working with someone world renowned - but get home already!) so we won't be able to do more about this until nnext week...