ACN Latitudes Forums

Yeast

I hope you don't mind if I pile on here...

Would it be unusual for a child to have the neuro signs of yeast (hyper, goofy. cog fog), but no physical symptoms? I would have guested so, but dd also has the neuro signs of strep with no physical symptoms so who knows!

lets give the natural remedies for yeast lets keep it simple Ihaving a stressfull day LOL

I am not the expert by any means...but i believe any thing you see might be from yeast....

i think someone in the book about natural cures for ts just had to clear up their candida and life was good

Could you tell me what symptoms you see in your children when they are having trouble with yeast? Thanks!

I like this site and the products here a lot and there is a candida test for children. Problem with yeast is that the symptoms can be the same symptoms as other conditions, including pandas!

http://www.candidafree.net/index.htm

For my kids, they get red, itchy vag. and bottoms and also my dd7 gets very impulsive.

Susan

Now are these the products that can cause irritability.Danny doesnt do to well like some others on probiotics

something to do with the live cultures

Now are these the products that can cause irritability.Danny doesnt do to well like some others on probiotics

something to do with the live cultures

Not sure, my kids don't have any issues with probiotics so I am not up on which ones some kids don't do well on. But check it out and you can email them too and ask questions. They are very good at writing back. I take this stuff myself and am being greatly helped.

Susan

silliness, almost like he is drunk and can't stop laughing at inappropriate things. also, crashing his body into the couch over and over, or crashing into people. hyperactivitiy. I think that some of his verbal tics are related to yeast.

I think for some aggression is a problem with yeast but not with my son. My son gets aggressive when he has gut bacteria (confirmed by urine and stool tests)...

Stephanie

Could you tell me what symptoms you see in your children when they are having trouble with yeast? Thanks!

Toe walking, hand flapping (both especially in moments of high stress). Rashes around the mouth and nose that come and go within a couple hours. Stomach aches...the very intense, doubled over kind that come on suddenly. Laughing out of normal context including laughing during sleep.

i think someone in the book about natural cures for ts just had to clear up their candida and life was good

yes there is that case history documented in Sheila's book, and there have been parents pass through the TS/tics forum over the years who have discovered that candida "yeast" was the primary trigger for their kids tics and in some cases, other neuro issues as well

I know for myself, and our family, as well as others I know, often "mysterious" ailments resolved once candida was brought under control.

I like the book The Yeast Syndrome by Walker and Trowbridge

do you know of the very unscientific "spit test" for candida overgrowth? a positive is usually pretty conclusive but a negative may be false I am told, and so other testing can be done to verify(some do stools, some do bloodwork or both)

http://www.adhdrelief.com/CandidaTest.html

we have personally found diet (that book I mentioned has details on a phased anti "yeast" diet) and Candida Clear good to control yeast infection, while loading up on the good gut flora from kefir and plain organic yoghurt

Melanie, whenever one has a microbe that gets killed off, there is likely to be a "die off" reaction as toxins are released

bmom, symptoms of candida really do seem to vary from person to person, and I guess also relative to whatever other issues they are dealing with. Often people have no idea that they even have a problem with it

a diet high in sugars, carbs and alcohol usually "feeds" the yeast, and it is common with frequent antibiotic use, if one doesnt also use suitable probiotics (we prefer the "live" cultured ones)

People with digestive disorders seem to also be more susceptible to it