ACN Latitudes Forums

Refresh the Research! Vote Project PANDAS!

We can do this!! We are gaining each and every day. Just an early(late) morning observation. It would appear that a number of groups have their votes all tied up ahead of time--look at the number of comments left in the 50k category. These groups, I suspect, are not sending votes to others because they don't "need" to. There are a few groups above us, that like us, are getting a lot of comments. I am not sure what to do with this, but just an observation. It would be beneficial to really hit the networking. Think neices & nephews. They are the ones who are really into the facebook thing. Aunts & uncles. Cousins. Your church or place of worship. Maybe I need to go to bed. You can chew on this in the morning. We are doing great. Slow & steady wins the race. A little turbo boost now and again to get ahead of groups resting on their laurels would help, too!!! Happy Monday. Dawn <_<

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking some of those group with 1000+ comments are roll overs from last month. They roll over comment too.

We can do this!! We are gaining each and every day. Just an early(late) morning observation. It would appear that a number of groups have their votes all tied up ahead of time--look at the number of comments left in the 50k category. These groups, I suspect, are not sending votes to others because they don't "need" to. There are a few groups above us, that like us, are getting a lot of comments. I am not sure what to do with this, but just an observation. It would be beneficial to really hit the networking. Think neices & nephews. They are the ones who are really into the facebook thing. Aunts & uncles. Cousins. Your church or place of worship. Maybe I need to go to bed. You can chew on this in the morning. We are doing great. Slow & steady wins the race. A little turbo boost now and again to get ahead of groups resting on their laurels would help, too!!! Happy Monday. Dawn <_<
Edited by Vickie

How about we choose a cause we like in our category that is kinda low...not at the bottom,(top 100 and holding steady there) , but, would have a chance to get in top 10 if they get more supporters...alot more. Anyway, contact them and and tell them that if they send us tons of votes this month and we get into the top ten, then, next month we will send all our votes their way?

Thoughts? I know Vickie mentioned it...what do you guys think?

We can do this!! We are gaining each and every day. Just an early(late) morning observation. It would appear that a number of groups have their votes all tied up ahead of time--look at the number of comments left in the 50k category. These groups, I suspect, are not sending votes to others because they don't "need" to. There are a few groups above us, that like us, are getting a lot of comments. I am not sure what to do with this, but just an observation. It would be beneficial to really hit the networking. Think neices & nephews. They are the ones who are really into the facebook thing. Aunts & uncles. Cousins. Your church or place of worship. Maybe I need to go to bed. You can chew on this in the morning. We are doing great. Slow & steady wins the race. A little turbo boost now and again to get ahead of groups resting on their laurels would help, too!!! Happy Monday. Dawn :)

My son is getting his WOW group to vote for us.

I have been voting every day, but yesterday wanted to vote for on of the other "friends" group and leave a message. It was a bit of an effort finding the group, and then was not able to find where to leave a message. Knowing the name of the group still leaves a lot of work to find them, unless I'm missing something. Any hints on finding the group and then finding the place of where to leave a message? Is it before or after voting? (I'm on dialup here, means slow things just get too hard at some point.)

Michael

What we can do is start a new thread with names of our allies and supply URL links. The comment is at the bottom of their text. I just switched from dial up a month ago and I know how slow that website can be with that. What I would do is type my comment somewhere else like in an email or word document and just cut and paste it.

I have to go volunteer at my son's school so if no one else gets around to it, I'll start that new thread with links later on today.

Edited by Vickie

If you know the name of the group, type it in search and it should come up! Don't know why it wouldn't. Yes, you have to scroll down to leave a comment.

I think Sky U and WMS are our biggest supporters....keep sending them votes! There are others...just check out our comment section!

Keep voting for old supporters, but, look at who is supporting our competition, then, send THEM votes.

I have to run right now........will get back to help on the URL links (not until tonight)

VOTE!

Peglem....not sure what the strategy is behind that....unless they are just unaware.

Edited by P.Mom

Great news! I contacted The Children's Rare Disease Network asking if they will support our quest for $50K. Since PANDAS is catagorized as a rare disease, I see no reason to embrace that catagorization for certain purposes. This was their response....

Vicki –

Congrats this is great! We will promote on our site.

We are actually going for a really big pepsi grant next voting period to build a funding platform that would promote research initiatives like that which you are hoping to win a grant for. It will be very complimentary.

Good luck – we will vote !!!

Nicole Boice

Founder/President

The Children's Rare Disease Network

So, next month, I will be posting their voting info so we can support them too. I'm assuming they are going for the $250K.

Edited by Vickie

FANTASTIC! And we just broke into the 20s at 29!

Great news! I contacted The Children's Rare Disease Network asking if they will support our quest for $50K. Since PANDAS is catagorized as a rare disease, I see no reason to embrace that catagorization for certain purposes. This was their response....

Vicki –

Congrats this is great! We will promote on our site.

We are actually going for a really big pepsi grant next voting period to build a funding platform that would promote research initiatives like that which you are hoping to win a grant for. It will be very complimentary.

Good luck – we will vote !!!

Nicole Boice

Founder/President

The Children's Rare Disease Network

So, next month, I will be posting their voting info so we can support them too. I'm assuming they are going for the $250K.

Edited by peglem

Awesome!!! Let's make sure we support them when they need it!!!

VOTE!!!!!!!

VOTE!!!!!!

We are getting close!!!!

I was talking to my pharmacist about PANDAS etc. today....says he sees one more child get scripts for antibiotics for it. We are both in Western PA.......this child has to go to NY.....what a shame we have to travel so far and all we want/need are antibiotics, and sometimes steroids or IVIG......common meds!

Anyway, he said I could leave cards there on his counter!!!!.....making some up later tonight (baseball first, of course) to take down tomorrow! I hope we can get more voters from this! Any idea/effort helps!!

Kelly

Edited by P.Mom