ACN Latitudes Forums

Refresh the Research! Vote Project PANDAS!

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDEA: Is there any way we can get the support of the Univ. of Oklahoma...a blurp on their FB page???? They do have 80,000 fans, after all! http://www.facebook.com/#!/uoklahoma

That's a fantastic idea!

I have this person voting for us from another forum. We're pretty close cyber-friends and she's voting for us w/ several of her family members. She's very competitive and into statistics. She has a question @ how the rankings are determined. She looked for info on the site and couldn't find any about that. So does anybody know? Is it a straight vote count? Average daily vote? She also noticed (I sure didn't) that the rankings are updated at certain times of the day, not continuously.

She is really analyzing everything there (hmmmm, OCD?). Here's what she wrote me about voting for other people in the 50K category...I'm still not really getting exactly what she means but...

Here's what I mean...

Let's say that everyone <26 get's 10 votes in a day...no one budges in their rank.

Now let's say #2 only gets 9 votes and #26 gets that 10th vote to give them 11 the next day...

Now #26 = #1 (with 11 votes),

and #2 = #26 (with 9 votes)

#1 would move to #2, and the rest would stay.

Does that make sense?

I'm sure ranking is more complicated than this though (I should go see if I can get those specifics)...but to explain how stealing a vote from a competitor beneath us is like getting 2.

Does anybody see what she's getting at? She wanted me to ask and she's sooo into helping us win this thing!

I just posted on the OU site & there are a couple more posts asking for votes from moms that are on the wall!!! I can feel the excitement!!! dawn :D

Hey...I didn't even realize that we could post on that (if we clicked like). Could Vickie or P.mom ask the Univ. of Oklahoma to send out a little blurb about project pandas/dr. cunningham/pepsi refresh...since some folks might just look at the wall that's Univ. of Oklahoma, not Univ. or Oklahoma + others?

I tried Through a couple different outlets as well. No go. I even tried the alumni assoc....no response at all and I contacted them on May1.

Maybe we could get the Univ. of Oklahoma write a little "blurb"/press release on PANDAS and Dr. Cunningham and Project PANDAS/pepsi refresh.
Edited by Vickie

Hi All!

As far as the other "experts' supporting us (asuming PANDAS experts???)....anyway, I also contacted all of them twice. No response from any except Dr. T and Dr. Cunningham. Both are voting and getting family and colleagues to vote. Thanks, Dr. T and Dr. C.

Vickie did try the Univ. of Ok. a bit back, with absolutely no response or support. I wonder why?

I think the pharmacy thing is a good idea.........something I am doing. Go around to you local pharmacies, explain what you are doing/PANDAS/Pepsi Project, and, ask if you could leave some info. at their desk. Have cards or flyers made up to leave there. Many people with kids on meds. for ADHD/ ocd/etc. will hopefully see this and look into it further...as well as potential PANDAS parents. That is some where we ALL go.....how about leaving info. across the nation at pharmacies???

Kelly

I just saw Vickie made a flyer with pull tabs....perhaps that is what you can use to take to the pharmacies.

I know we are ALL doing everything we can.....Keep up the great work everyone!!!!

Edited by P.Mom