ACN Latitudes Forums

You have got to be kiddong! Something else to worry me. Does it ev

My sons feet and toes are changing colors. They go from white to red. When they are the color red it is painful for him. I wonder if it could be Raynaud’s Disease. Anyone experience this with PANDAS or know something about it. It is serious?

Is it in the joints? One symptom of rheumatic fever is red, swollen and painful joints. http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/Heal...is/rheumat.html

This reminded that for a while my dd would get a spot of red that would be painful and the pain would stop when the red went away. I never found out what it was. She only got it a few times and it was on her hands (but not the joint).

Susan

Is it in the joints? One symptom of rheumatic fever is red, swollen and painful joints. http://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/Heal...is/rheumat.html

This reminded that for a while my dd would get a spot of red that would be painful and the pain would stop when the red went away. I never found out what it was. She only got it a few times and it was on her hands (but not the joint).

Susan

It is right on top of the toes. The article I read said it could be autoimmune related which is PANDAS, right? Thanks for the link. I appreciate it!

My daughters feet sometimes are bright red. It is the top of them and sometimes it happens after she has showered sometimes after walking around for awhile. They are bright red when this happens. She has always thought circulation issues but I am not so sure about that. She has no pain and it seems to be when her feet are hot.

My sons feet and toes are changing colors. They go from white to red. When they are the color red it is painful for him. I wonder if it could be Raynaud's Disease. Anyone experience this with PANDAS or know something about it. It is serious?

tapiash - i read your post earlier today and then was reading cure unknown about lyme. i just thought i'd pass on this passage to you. . .

"by the fall, having just started seventh grade, Amy's health plummeted dramatically. Like Seth, she developed dysautonomia (a disfunction of the autonomic nervous system), but also a temor, balance and gait problems, and what appeared to be Raynaud's syndrome, in which the tiny blood vessels in the fingers and toes constrict in response to cold and the lips turn blue."

it's just in the beginning of the book, but i assume the child they're talking about has lyme. not sure what it's about but i thought it was interesting i don't know about raynauds and then saw it twice in about 6 hours.

good luck.

Edited by smartyjones

Hmmm one more thing to consider as PANDAS related. My son just showed me a week or so ago how several of his toes turn all white at times or even parts do so you can see a clear line. I wouldn't have thought of PANDAS connection but am curious now.

My sons feet and toes are changing colors. They go from white to red. When they are the color red it is painful for him. I wonder if it could be Raynaud’s Disease. Anyone experience this with PANDAS or know something about it. It is serious?

I am familiar with Raynaud's. I don't think Reynaud’s has any association with PANDAS, because it is blood vessel spasms. If it is Reynaud’s cold would be a factor also tight shoes that prevent the toes from moving or cut off circulation. The toes would probably be numb and purplish-red. And yes, a little painful and kinda a little itchy at times when they are red. If that is what it seems to be, warmth is the answer. Thick cotton socks are not the answer because they can restrict movement. You don't want the feet to sweat either. A warm foot soak can work when it is really bad. Management is the key. Get good breathable shoes when out and nice silk/wool socks without shoes or with sandals when inside. Shoes can restrict flow and sweat. The toes must have lots of room to move around. And they must stay dry in the shoes/ socks. Reynaud’s is not serious, but observance and caution must be used in the snow.

My son refuses to wear thin socks. Part of his ocd is his sock and shoe and preference. He only wears black socks. Besides odor what does the sweat cause? This ought to be a fun task to tackle.

My sons feet and toes are changing colors. They go from white to red. When they are the color red it is painful for him. I wonder if it could be Raynaud's Disease. Anyone experience this with PANDAS or know something about it. It is serious?

tapiash - i read your post earlier today and then was reading cure unknown about lyme. i just thought i'd pass on this passage to you. . .

"by the fall, having just started seventh grade, Amy's health plummeted dramatically. Like Seth, she developed dysautonomia (a disfunction of the autonomic nervous system), but also a temor, balance and gait problems, and what appeared to be Raynaud's syndrome, in which the tiny blood vessels in the fingers and toes constrict in response to cold and the lips turn blue."

it's just in the beginning of the book, but i assume the child they're talking about has lyme. not sure what it's about but i thought it was interesting i don't know about raynauds and then saw it twice in about 6 hours.

good luck.

My sons test were borderline for lyme. The more I look into it the more I think this is what is going on. Everything I find describes him to the tee. The inability to find words to express himself,concentration, short term memory, making choices,irritability,falling asleep in class,feet hurting, we went to the lake August and were severely attacked by mosquitoes despite our efforts to keep them away. I wonder if he could have been bit by a tic. In October is when all of his symptoms started.

My dd's toes get really red...almost purplish grey. Sort of like they belong on a corpse. It has made me wonder if there was a connection. I'l lbe interested to read more. She said they do not hurt of itch when they are like that. I attributed it to poor circulation in my mind. Now I'm wondering.

(edit) the same thing happens to her fingers too. Upon reading about Raynaud's Syndrome, I'm certainly wondering now.

Angela

Edited by momaine

I'm 29 and have recently began suspecting I have PANDAS, I also have Raynaud's as do several family members on my mom's side. The 8 members of her family also have had issues with alcoholism, OCD to various degrees, and depression. My fathers side has no such issues that I know of.

At various times I have been diagnosed with OCD, Tourette's, and adult ad/hd. In researching I came across a link between raynaud's and seratonin, which can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud%27s#Drug_therapy

"Fluoxetine, a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, and other antidepressant medications may reduce the frequency and severity of episodes if caused mainly by psychological stress."

There was another link that I can't find now where there seemed to be some sort of genetic link between varios disorders such as depression ocd etc and raynaud's.

There has to be some kind of connection.... right?

-pete

My dd's toes get really red...almost purplish grey. Sort of like they belong on a corpse. It has made me wonder if there was a connection. I'l lbe interested to read more. She said they do not hurt of itch when they are like that. I attributed it to poor circulation in my mind. Now I'm wondering.

(edit) the same thing happens to her fingers too. Upon reading about Raynaud's Syndrome, I'm certainly wondering now.

Angela