ACN Latitudes Forums

Question about EBV

Looking at some blood work noticed

EBV Ab VCA,IgG .9

EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab,IgG 3.2

It goes on to an interpertation chart which means nothing to me

I know EBV is like mono so yet another virus but does he have it or had it

He tests high for mycroplasm (524) and EBV but noone seems to be concerned well except me

melanie

Melanie,

Over 90% of the US population will test positive for EBV antibodies...it is very common. My older son tested positive for the antibodies 3 years ago, and, I am betting my younger son would now, too. If you get it in childhood, it causes very mild symptoms and often goes unnoticed. If you get it in your teens, that is when it can cause Mono and you get the bad sore throat, fatigue, etc. It will remain in your system forever, sometimes reactivating, or, sometimes being chronic. I can't tell you what your scores mean...you have to look at the interpretation table to see if it is an acute, past, chronic, or reactivated infection. Just look at the table really well, and then, compare to your sons results...you'll figure it out.....heck, I did.

Kelly

Melanie

here is the info from CDC on EBV as that may be of help to you

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm

I had infectious glandular fever (aka mono, mononucleosis) when I was 12yo and was very very ill

In 1997 I was exposed to a massive dose of pesticide when sprayed with malathion by a mosquito control plane, as I was on a dawn walk on the beach at Captiva Island

I reacted with a lot of horrible symptoms months later, and interestingly one result was massively swollen lymphatics and +ve for ACTIVE EBV again, so the thinking is that the pesticide so compromised my immune system that perhaps the dormant EBV was re-activated?

My son showed EBV antibodies when tested years ago, but hasnt ever manifested any mono symptoms

Melanie

here is the info from CDC on EBV as that may be of help to you

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/ebv.htm

I had infectious glandular fever (aka mono, mononucleosis) when I was 12yo and was very very ill

In 1997 I was exposed to a massive dose of pesticide when sprayed with malathion by a mosquito control plane, as I was on a dawn walk on the beach at Captiva Island

I reacted with a lot of horrible symptoms months later, and interestingly one result was massively swollen lymphatics and +ve for ACTIVE EBV again, so the thinking is that the pesticide so compromised my immune system that perhaps the dormant EBV was re-activated?

My son showed EBV antibodies when tested years ago, but hasnt ever manifested any mono symptoms

That sounds so interesting

Thanks that was very helpful.So basiclly It really doesnt mean anything which is why my immunologist doesnt want to talk about it.I did make an appointment with an infectious disease mD for late in may. The problem is he is having iVIG and now any blood work would be messed up.

Melanie

it is only when the virus is active that there is cause for concern

I told my story there to show that it *can* reactivate under conditions favorable to it's reproduction. In most people it remains dormant after the initial infection

I personally take my natural antivirals (olive leaf extract, monolaurin aka lauric acid/lauricidin & l-lysine + the antiviral oregano oil, pau d'arco etc in candida clear, for 1 week of every month which seems to have stopped any further activity and has also prevented the shingles that I had manifest during those months after the pesticide poisoning from flaring up again. Both EBV and shingles are herpes family of viruses

my son takes the natural antimicrobials once a month too, not just to be sure there is no EBV reactivation, but also to keep candida and any other bugs that may be associated with his Crohn's in check

Edited by Chemar

personally take my natural antivirals (olive leaf extract, monolaurin aka lauric acid/lauricidin & l-lysine + the antiviral oregano oil, pau d'arco etc in candida clear, for 1 week of every month which seems to have stopped any further activity and has also prevented the shingles that I had manifest during those months after the pesticide poisoning from flaring up again. Both EBV and shingles are herpes family of viruses

Are these all seperate or are they in a type of formulated powder or pill?

only the Candida Clear by NOW is formulated with a mixture of antimicrobials (oregano oil, pau d'arco, wormwood, magnesium caprylate=caprylic acid,black walnut, garlic, olive leaf, cat's claw root=uno d'gato)

all the others(olive leaf extract, monolaurin and l-lysine are individual supps.

my son also takes Mastic gum (mastica) as it is recommended to control H.pylori and other bacteria that are common in people with Crohn's

only the Candida Clear by NOW is formulated with a mixture of antimicrobials (oregano oil, pau d'arco, wormwood, magnesium caprylate=caprylic acid,black walnut, garlic, olive leaf, cat's claw root=uno d'gato)

all the others(olive leaf extract, monolaurin and l-lysine are individual supps.

my son also takes Mastic gum (mastica) as it is recommended to control H.pylori and other bacteria that are common in people with Crohn's

Is Candida Clear by NOW sold in health food stores?Does it helpwhen taking antibiotics?

Looking at some blood work noticed

EBV Ab VCA,IgG .9

EBV Nuclear Antigen Ab,IgG 3.2

It goes on to an interpertation chart which means nothing to me

I know EBV is like mono so yet another virus but does he have it or had it

He tests high for mycroplasm (524) and EBV but noone seems to be concerned well except me

melanie

Is this recent bloodwork, or pre-IVIG?