ACN Latitudes Forums

"The Vaccine War"

Thanks, Vickie. I was downstairs, helping DS with his homework, when DH came to tell me it was on. Unfortunately, we already had the cable DVR set to record 2 other programs at the time, and that's the limit! So I'll be glad to catch this episode via your post.

I was sooo disappointed in last night's Frontline! I had hoped that they would produce a more balanced view and use good journalism. Instead it was more of the same. I'm sorry I let them use footage of my dd as a baby. It is nothing more than an infomercial for Paul Offit and the CDC!

Nancy

Nancy, I'm glad you posted that remark. I was so disgusted with the first 5 minutes, I just clicked out. Didn't know if they ever got to any good material from "the other side," or not, but just couldn't take it.

Yea, we forgot about the disease's. That's the reason that the majority of us vaccinated.

Has anyone ever seen this email?

http://www.putchildrenfirst.org/media/2.7.pdf

These are the people that we are supposed to trust? That blackened area at the top says "It just won't go away." There is another that talks about ways to dumb down the #'s.

No matter where thimerosal falls in the whole scheme of things, once you see the way things happen behind the scenes and the "no harm studies," you just don't really care what these people have to say. We NEED INDEPENDENT STUDIES. No CDC, IOM, PHARMA etc. involvement

Which baby? The one with whooping cough?

I was sooo disappointed in last night's Frontline! I had hoped that they would produce a more balanced view and use good journalism. Instead it was more of the same. I'm sorry I let them use footage of my dd as a baby. It is nothing more than an infomercial for Paul Offit and the CDC!

Nancy

No, the 18-month-old who is pacing back and forth in her crib is my dd. I gave frontline permission to use footage of four kids (including my dd) from a film I produced on autism 10 years ago but they ended up using footage of a child for which I never gave them permission. So I'm not happy with them right now, especially having seen the outcome.

After I asked you that, I remembered your daughter is older.

I'm sorry they used you like that.

No, the 18-month-old who is pacing back and forth in her crib is my dd. I gave frontline permission to use footage of four kids (including my dd) from a film I produced on autism 10 years ago but they ended up using footage of a child for which I never gave them permission. So I'm not happy with them right now, especially having seen the outcome.

Well, NancyD, you're not the only one unhappy with Frontline. My DH found this just this morning:

Response to "Vaccine War" Front Line "Documentary"

Very disappointed. I used to like "Frontline" a lot! :(

Thank you for posting this. He said everything I was thinking during the show (except, I didn't know they had footage of physicians who are not sold on vaccines).

My fear is that the political groundwork is being laid to require that children be vaccinated in order to be covered by insurance...

Well, if you liked that one, here's another one:

More Disappointment over "Frontline" Vaccine Story

Yes, but read the comments..OUCH!

I know . . . but take a careful look at the vernacular and the lingo each of those posters has used. Honestly, it looks like a "PR bomb" to me, as in somebody at Pharma, CDC, etc. pokes some of its worker bees to go into action against such negative press. What "typical" readers of a Philly paper would come armed with terms like "pseudosymmetry," "mercury derivative," "temporal connection" and "causation"? Who talks like that on a regular basis, besides some scientists and/or doctors (present company excluded, Buster! ^_^ )? The comments section comes off as "rigged" to me.

What are you talkin about? I talk like that all the time ^_^

I know . . . but take a careful look at the vernacular and the lingo each of those posters has used. Honestly, it looks like a "PR bomb" to me, as in somebody at Pharma, CDC, etc. pokes some of its worker bees to go into action against such negative press. What "typical" readers of a Philly paper would come armed with terms like "pseudosymmetry," "mercury derivative," "temporal connection" and "causation"? Who talks like that on a regular basis, besides some scientists and/or doctors (present company excluded, Buster! ;) )? The comments section comes off as "rigged" to me.

Where did Offit come up vaccines adding 30 years to lifespan? Anyone know of any such data?

I was looking for some of the charts that I have seen over the years and saw this article apparently written in response to the segment being discussed.

http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla/index...l&Itemid=24

check out the graphs

The Vaccine War: A Forgotten History

Where did Offit come up vaccines adding 30 years to lifespan? Anyone know of any such data?

I was looking for some of the charts that I have seen over the years and saw this article apparently written in response to the segment being discussed.

http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla/index...l&Itemid=24

check out the graphs

The Vaccine War: A Forgotten History

Interesting.

On the thimerosol thing- I don't know if it ever caused damage or not, but it seems ridiculous to me to even study it! Don't inject children with neurotoxins- just seems like a no brainer to me!