ACN Latitudes Forums

Bedwetting

DD age 10 is on her 2nd 30 day course of Biaxin. We went without it for 2 weeks and clearly spiraled downward, so we know for sure it's working. I am so happy to say she has not wet the bed for one week straight now!!! I'm just wondering if the Biaxin is healing her slowly or if she just simply grew out of bedwetting. I find it somewhat coincidental that she was peeing a tremendous amount nightly and then after starting Biaxin, it stops. :) I'll take it whether it's Biaxin or age, though!!! I'm hoping, however, that it's Biaxin and her body is slowly healing. Just wondering if anyone else's child stopped bedwetting after being on antibiotics for a period of time. .......

Bedwetting was a symptom for my son during his third eacaerbation. A boy who hadn't wet his bed in ages, wet it nightly for a month or more (and not just a little bit). It was directly related to PANDAS and as he healed, the bedwetting stopped. So, yes, that may be a sign that the Biaxin is working.

I'm not sure you'll ever get that answer. My son wet the bed till he was 11 and very suddenly stopped. My pediatrician all these years had told me don't worry about the bedwetting 'my daughter does it too'. Then one day he told me one day his daughter quit literally over night. Even as a pediatrician he wanted to stay with the pull ups for a while, but didn't need to. It was just over.

However, like so many on here, it has been suggested to us (and quite convincingly I might add) that even though my son was not diagnosed until age 10, he's possibly had PANDAS since age 3 or 4. Since that is the typical age for boys to quit wetting the bed, the bed wetting could have been PANDAS related.

So hows that for a big fat MAYBE!! lol Its all so confusing isn't it? The what ifs, the maybes. We'll all be research scientists before its over!

Our DD9 developed bedwetting as a major PANDAS symptom. IVIG stopped it dead in its tracks, and - except for one single event in seven months opst-IVIG - we haven't seen it recur (fingers crossed).

I say this only to say that, yes, bedwetting could be a PANADAS symptom and directly "cured" by an appropriate antibiotic or IVIG (or PEX or whatever) if that treatment is effective against PANDAS in general.

Pixiesdaddy