ACN Latitudes Forums

does anyone use antivirals

Ive been reading about the virus connection and most times when dannys sick its viral Just throwing this out there to see if theres any CONNECTION TO ANIVIRALS

Melanie

Hi Melanie -

I also wonder about antivirals.

I am not sure exactly what your situation is. Does your child TAKE antivirals and you are wondering if the antivirals are a problem, or does your child NOT take antivirals and you are wondering if it would be better to take them.

I can tell you that my son does have PANDAS exacerbations after viruses, and we have never done antivirals, but he was just recently diagnosed with PANDAS, though he has had it for many years. I am also wondering if I should be seeking more aggressive care when he has a virus. I do not want to make things worse in the long run.

I will be interested to see what others have experienced with this. Thanks for the Post!

I have seen the same thing with my son over the years. He is on in Inosine 300mg daily in divided doses (it converts to the antiviral "Immunovir" which is Inosine Pranobex) and he is on Lauricidin, too. Antivirals are very expensive, Immunovir is $400 for 3 months, and is not sold in the US, although you can get it from Canada. Inosine is sold as a supplement and costs around $30 per bottle, monthly. My son high high titers in EBV, HH6, MycoP as well as having PANDAS, still waiting on more lab to return with Lyme results. Not sure if your familiar with Dr. Goldberg and the NIDS protocol, but that is his theory, might goggle it. The family with the site "stopcallingitautism", is on the NIDS.

http://www.nids.net/nidsbackground.htm

Very interesting.... I am also a member of their NIDS yahoo group, which has some excellent info!

Hi, my dd8 has high titers to HHV6. She's been on antivirals (valtrex) for 4 or so months and I've seen an improvement overall and when we have gone off, I have seen a decline in her behavior. Nothing super specific just that she is less angry, less defiant and less emotional. Not a cure but I'm positive she's been helped by her antivirals. She takes it for another month or two and I'm not sure what happens after that. I imagine we will retest her to see how her hhv6 is doing.

The valtrex does not seem to help her to not get sick although maybe she would have been getting sick even more if she was not on it?!

Susan

Herpes was something listed in a few catagories as being a trigger for some "mental disorders" when exposed either prenatally or post.

I hope this isnt getting personal(LOL).Should I be tested for Herpes? To see if he was exposed to it at birth.I dont think I have herpes ,I think I would know .HUmmmmm. how is Is herpes 6 transmitted .Is it just a blood test??

Melanie

Herpes was something listed in a few catagories as being a trigger for some "mental disorders" when exposed either prenatally or post.

I hope this isnt getting personal(LOL).Should I be tested for Herpes? To see if he was exposed to it at birth.I dont think I have herpes ,I think I would know .HUmmmmm. how is Is herpes 6 transmitted .Is it just a blood test??

Melanie

I freaked a little when I found out dd had herpes. But actually, almost everyone gets it, there are different forms of it and most people get it, probably don't even know and process it properly and it goes away. I can't remember all I read now but it is transmitted like every other virus.

Susan

Honestly, if you feel okay I probably wouldn't get tested. I mean, when do the tests stop? It seems everything causes something.

Melanie

Ive been reading about the virus connection and most times when dannys sick its viral Just throwing this out there to see if theres any CONNECTION TO ANIVIRALS

Melanie

I give DS a supplement called Wellness Formula from Source Naturals. It has a whole bunch of herbs that have anti-viral properties. Not really sure if it helps or not, but he hasn't been sick at all since he started taking it about a month and a half ago.

Melanie

I give DS a supplement called Wellness Formula from Source Naturals. It has a whole bunch of herbs that have anti-viral properties. Not really sure if it helps or not, but he hasn't been sick at all since he started taking it about a month and a half ago.

I kindof feel the same about all of these tests.But I also want to know if theres something a virus or something thats triggering these episodes.Mycroplasm and Herpes are pretty serious infections.He has tested very high 560 (something)MP and I dont think hes ever had EBV or Herpes tests.I had EBV when I was younger.

Melanie

Melanie, this was the list from an article in a 2008 Scientific American Mind. It stated what disorders are known to be associated with herpes....

Schizophrenia

Prenatally: Influenze, rubella Toxoplasma gondii, herpes, Lyme, polio, measles

OCD/tic disorder

Prenatally: No links found

Bipolar

Prenatal: Herpes, T gondii

Autism

Prenatal: Rubella, herpes, Lyme

Post: Lyme, Mycoplasma, clostridium (bacteria that causes botulism)

Alzheimer's

Prenatal: Herpes

Tourettes

prenatal: no links found

Edited by Vickie

I find this really interesting. I have Lyme disease, and my symptoms get MUCH worse when I have a cold sore. It convinces me every time I get one that the herpes viruses have something to do with my illness. My son has congenital Lyme, and so far treatment has not helped him. Maybe we need to start attacking the viruses.

I always forget to add this to the list of supplements we give our son. We use a homeopathic anti-viral.

http://syntrion.eu/usa/products/syimmune-tablets Active ingredient Penicillium notatum 4X

Our son takes daily:

* 1.5 trillion probiotics per day (Good Bacteria)

* 1 1/2 cups bentonite clay (Eliminate Toxins)

* 50,000 m.g. B-12 (Nerve Damage)

* 1000 m.g. fish oil (anti-viral, anti-inflammatory)

* 2 Syimmune Tablets (anti-viral) - 3 if there is a virus in the household

Hey SF...

you home school right??

i believe you've said you split the clay into 3 doses during the day?

when do you give your other stuff...

even with homeschooloing..it's got to be hard to do, as from what i understand you don't want to give anything an hour or 2 , before or after the clay...

or do i have it all wrong...

I always forget to add this to the list of supplements we give our son. We use a homeopathic anti-viral.

http://syntrion.eu/usa/products/syimmune-tablets Active ingredient Penicillium notatum 4X

Our son takes daily:

* 1.5 trillion probiotics per day (Good Bacteria)

* 1 1/2 cups bentonite clay (Eliminate Toxins)

* 50,000 m.g. B-12 (Nerve Damage)

* 1000 m.g. fish oil (anti-viral, anti-inflammatory)

* 2 Syimmune Tablets (anti-viral) - 3 if there is a virus in the household