ACN Latitudes Forums

We need prayer

Hi guys, I don't usually come on here to ask for prayer but I know some of you are prayin' folks! My ds came down with a brutal stomach virus on Wed early AM, threw up 18 times. Then dh and I started with it yesterday. The stomach pain, the weakness, and the di*rrhea have been brutal. I haven't eaten anything much in the past 2 days and then we all 3 threw up last night. We are exhausted and I just pray that we all can get our fluid intake up this AM so we can start eating and get our strength back. I was trying to take activated charcoal yesterday to handle the fluid loss but it didn't even make a dent!

Thanks,

Bonnie

Praying for your family right now! So sorry you all feel so bad. Hope today is a better day for you.

DItto here.

Do you think it could be food born (salmonella/ecoli, etc?) ?

48 hours is a long time to be throwing up.....if it continues today, I think you should call your family dr........(if nothing else, maybe a rectal suppository to settle your stomach, so you can keep some fluids down..........)

(((Bonnie)))

I do hope and pray this passes quickly for all of you. It is bad enough when our kids arent well, but when mom is sick too............. :blink:

dont forget the soothing mix of fresh lemon juice and honey in a cup of hot water....it really does make one feel better when having tummy trubs and both the lemon and the honey are antimicrobial

milk thistle also helps the liver unload the toxins faster too

Hi,

we live in Maryland and alot of people are coming down with the stomach flu the duration varies with each person--Hope today is a better day!!

Deanna

Praying for your family right now! So sorry you all feel so bad. Hope today is a better day for you.

DItto here.

Do you think it could be food born (salmonella/ecoli, etc?) ?

48 hours is a long time to be throwing up.....if it continues today, I think you should call your family dr........(if nothing else, maybe a rectal suppository to settle your stomach, so you can keep some fluids down..........)

My dh thought maybe it was food born but there is a stomach bug going around here so you never know. None of us threw up for 48 hrs straight. Ds threw up Wed AM constantly for hours about once every 15 mins. Then he had the diarrhea a few times and then threw up again later that night. He went all of Thursday feeling pretty good and starting to eat and drink a lot more. But, then he threw up again last night at midnight, really weird. He feels fine today but it's obvious his system is still off.

As for dh and I, dh is on the mend to some degree and the diarrhea finally stopped for me a few hours ago and I ate some rice and have been drinking to replenish fluids. We'll be on bland diets for a few days obviously and today is a day of rest despite how messy the house is. I do need to re-clean the bathrooms in the house, though! I'm really praying that the worst is behind us!

B

(((Bonnie)))

I do hope and pray this passes quickly for all of you. It is bad enough when our kids arent well, but when mom is sick too............. :blink:

dont forget the soothing mix of fresh lemon juice and honey in a cup of hot water....it really does make one feel better when having tummy trubs and both the lemon and the honey are antimicrobial

milk thistle also helps the liver unload the toxins faster too

Good reminders, I do have all those things around the house! I also take NAC for the liver and I'll start taking my supplements tomorrow. I also heard that chamomile tea or peppermint tea is soothing, too.

hope you are all feeling better, Bonnie

Thank you!!! We are on the mend finally. Spent the day disinfecting the house yesterday. Unfortunately, I'll probably take longer to heal than the boys as I have gut issues and ulcer type problems with my stomach. I'm beefing up my probiotics, drinking kombucha, and taking digestive enzymes as I get back to trying to eat normally. It sure was a whopper of an illness, though. It's never fun when all 3 people in a home are vomiting at the same time, LOL!

Ds had some tennis matches yesterday and I spoke with 2 sets of parents who also had this thing run through their homes this past week. So, whatever it is, it's going around. The docs office also said that 50% of their calls are for stomach virus stuff, 40% are allergy related, and the remaining are various other health issues.