Jump to content
ACN Latitudes Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sent off my daughters today too! They said they should have it by 10:30am tomorrow!

 

Just sent my son's bloodwork to Dr. Cunningham. Keeping my fingers crossed that we will have some answers soon as to whether we are going down the right road.
Edited by Kay
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck. She will probably have them back to you in about 2 weeks. We just redid one of my kids blood work, and it's elevated again (certainly explains the symptoms, and helps rule out some of the other dx that were being considered.) As odd as it sounds to people who don't have children who are so difficult to dx, it feels really good to have a positive result, because then you finally know what you're dealing with, and can finally figure out what to do about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been thinking about doing this test for three months. My fear is that it doesn't give us the answers we're looking for but felt it was the logical next step. We also repeated the ASO, anti-DNaseb and did bloodwork for the anti-Pneumococcal antibodies and quantitative immunoglobins and streptozyme. The wait begins :)

 

 

Good luck. She will probably have them back to you in about 2 weeks. We just redid one of my kids blood work, and it's elevated again (certainly explains the symptoms, and helps rule out some of the other dx that were being considered.) As odd as it sounds to people who don't have children who are so difficult to dx, it feels really good to have a positive result, because then you finally know what you're dealing with, and can finally figure out what to do about it.
Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL hope we tie!! We have had the test since the end of February, we were waiting for dr. appointments and to see who wanted what etc. Finally decided to do it today. Can't wait for the results.

 

Hahaha!

 

So, should we be wagering who will get test results 1st and what the results will be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got our's. I am still digesting it and trying to figure out our next move. My son's score was 167. We have done 4 weeks of penn which helped mood and handwriting but then we hit a plateau. We then did two weeks of Augmentin (per D r. T.) and that didn't seem to help either. We are also waiting on test results for repeat strep titers and more immunological tests.

 

 

Any one hear about Cunningham test yet?
Link to post
Share on other sites

After I posted this we got an email with a partial result score was 174 still reading about what it means and looking for Busters explanation.

 

 

I just got our's. I am still digesting it and trying to figure out our next move. My son's score was 167. We have done 4 weeks of penn which helped mood and handwriting but then we hit a plateau. We then did two weeks of Augmentin (per D r. T.) and that didn't seem to help either. We are also waiting on test results for repeat strep titers and more immunological tests.

 

 

Any one hear about Cunningham test yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...