ACN Latitudes Forums

diarrhea and vomiting with strep?

My son came home from school yesterday, didn't feel well. Nausea and started with diarrhea last night. His symptoms have been ramping up for about 2 weeks. They are really, really bad right now. His culture was negative a week and half ago, but I've read here that one parent took child back 5 days after the first negative culture and the second one was positive. He felt hot but no temp.

The appointment went better than I thought it would (we were seeing someone we don't usually see). We did a 72 culture and she said "I'll give you antibiotics. What do you want?" I almost fell on the floor! On Monday he had all his "typical" symptoms of strep except for the rash he usually gets on his abdomen. As we were waiting for the NP to come in the room, my son laid down under the bright lights, and sure enough, thre was the rash- very faint, but there. Today is two days later and the rash is much more pronounced and his behavior is horrible. He is only 3 1/2, but he is usually laughing, playing, so happy. Today he is screaming, throwing fits, crying, etc..

My questionis, did it take until today for the antibodies to increase to a high enough level for me to start seeing these behaviors? It was a week ago today that he woke up with 103 temp.

TIA!!

Colleen