ACN Latitudes Forums

how do you get kids to take supplements?

Guest Guest_lawsmith

Guest Guest_lawsmith

Ok, so I got my supplements from Bontech for my son. We got the marine lipid (fish oil) and the ts control. We have only started the fish oil. I want to start one thing at a time for atleast 2 weeks before I start the ts control.

My question is this....my son can not swallow pills half this size. He looked at these and said "There's no way I can swallow that." He tried swallowing it with liquid, putting the pill in a spoonful of yogurt, even just popping it in his mouth when he has food with it in hopes it will go down with his already been chewed bite of food. He can't do it. So I am piercing the gelatin and squeezing the oil into a drink like lemonade. He is drinking it but it is absolutely disgusting. He calls it "fish juice" and I can't believe he is drinking this it is so strong.

Any hints as to how to make this tolerable for him? I haven't even opened the ts-control and am hoping they are not huge capsules, especially since he is supposed to eventually take 20 of these a day.

Any recipes or concoctions any of you have come up with to make taking these not such an unpleasant experience would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lawsmith

We ONLY used capsules or the oily gel pills (forgot the name). Chemar told us to use a straw and that really helped. Before this I dumped the capsules into a smoothie. I got orange flavored fish oil--truly an orange taste and it is fine in a smoothie. When I added other things, the taste was disgusting.

I didn't use Bonnie's pills but separate ones--so I took calcium (no taste) and put it in pancakes. I found other foods. Eventually he was ready to swallow.

I would just have him practice with small pills for a bit--don't know how big Bonnie's are, but if they are too big, find smaller ones at the store with some of the same ingredients till he builds up his ability.

Claire

• 1 month later...

The straw solution really does seem to help.....instead of swallowing whatever liquid he prefers to get the pills down straight from a glass......just get him to put the pill in his mouth and then start swallowing the liquid thru a straw.

Dont know why it makes it easier but it does :wub: