ACN Latitudes Forums

what else is there?

That is hard for me to swallow- that a doctor is well versed in PANDAS yet does not believe in prophylactic antibiotics? Ask him how he would treat your child if they had rheumatic fever? I don't get why some physicians cannot grasp the concept of preventing strep infections, not just waiting for strep to attack the brain, then doing something about it.

Colleen.

He also said a lot of these doctors who are providing phone consults, IVIG, abx etc. are making money off of parents.

Yes, they are, just like he is! Except they're doing something to help! I'll bet he expects to get paid for that office visit, even though he did nothing to help! Sounds like this doctor has been spending too much time at the NIMH PANDAS website!

He also said a lot of these doctors who are providing phone consults, IVIG, abx etc. are making money off of parents.

Yes, they are, just like he is! Except they're doing something to help! I'll bet he expects to get paid for that office visit, even though he did nothing to help! Sounds like this doctor has been spending too much time at the NIMH PANDAS website!

I got a similar "I am concerned" speech from our regular pediatrician at the end of last week. Cautions against "predatory" practitioners who will advise and perform treatments that are costly and do not have clinical research to back their efficacy. <_<

Honestly, I think they mean well, but they're stuck in their little well-labeled boxes. If not for families like the ones on this forum, along with the researchers like Cunningham and doctors like Dr. T. and Dr. K., sticking their necks out beyond these little boxes, PANDAS treatment wouldn't even be in the infancy stage it's currently reached. It'd be a "zygote," maybe!

He also said a lot of these doctors who are providing phone consults, IVIG, abx etc. are making money off of parents. I found that to be a pretty unbelievable statement. He said those methods do not hold any guarantee or cure.

So, this doc says we shouldn't treat PANDAS b/c the treatments do not guarantee a cure? I suppose we shouldn't bother to treat childhood cancer, diabetes, allergies, or any other autoimmune dz since treatment can't guarantee a cure for those diseases either! :)

Danddd, did you already say were you live? Maybe someone can rec. a doc.

Edited by EAMom