ACN Latitudes Forums

Taurine

Another interesting paper- but some have reported that taurine increases tics.

http://www.ub.es/farmacia/recerca/articles...elixJunyent.pdf

We quit using the Bontech Supps a few months ago to see if we did better on individual supplements without the taurine. I decided to give them a try again this past week just to see if they did help and it is so much simpler too. I have to say I have noticed a real reduction in tics this week. The Biaxin has really helped the mood and a good portion of the OCD but it didn't seem to decrease his most common tics at all. So in our case, the taurine, which is usually a tic reducer for most, definitely does help.

Thanks for that, Peglum. Our DS doesn't have any major tics (his behaviors are almost entirely OCD/ADHD related), so maybe taurine is an option for him. I'm going to look into it.

Interesting, dd7 was taking taurine at the time of her cam K II test. She was pretty sick at the time but her CK came back at 118, pretty low and she was MUCH improved on abx. I wonder if it can reduce the result of the CK test but not the symptoms? She does not tic but was taking taurine for a supplement when she was having seizures. The paper is a little above my head (blush).

Susan

We quit using the Bontech Supps a few months ago to see if we did better on individual supplements without the taurine. I decided to give them a try again this past week just to see if they did help and it is so much simpler too. I have to say I have noticed a real reduction in tics this week. The Biaxin has really helped the mood and a good portion of the OCD but it didn't seem to decrease his most common tics at all. So in our case, the taurine, which is usually a tic reducer for most, definitely does help.

Taurine (and epsom salt) has been the most important tic reducer for my DS9 too -

I wonder if it can reduce the result of the CK test but not the symptoms?

Susan

my son was on taurine for about 3 months prior to the cam test also and came in at 105.....

i wonder if you are correct...because the augmenten really showed some promise?????

Anyone have a recommendation for how much taurine I should add to DS13's supplement regimen? He's about 130 pounds.

Also, is it one of those supplements that needs to build up over time, or is it possible I might see a more immediate response?

Thanks!

Anyone have a recommendation for how much taurine I should add to DS13's supplement regimen? He's about 130 pounds.

Also, is it one of those supplements that needs to build up over time, or is it possible I might see a more immediate response?

Thanks!

My dd took 1000mg 2x a day and she only weighed 30 or so lbs when she started that. She was taking it for her seizures, not tics and maybe other issues (mitocontrial markers, malnutrition, she had a bunch of problems at the time but it was mostly for her seizures). For someone your son's age and size, I don't know but at least 1000mg 2x a day would be OK to start!

Susan