ACN Latitudes Forums

Doing IVIG on hard to restrain teenagers? and experience?

Has anyone here dealt with having a teenager that you knew they were going to be very difficult to test and even couldn't think down the road to restraining for IVIG but knew that they would probably benefit greatly from the testing and IVIG? Any experience of suggestions of how to handle a child that is 158 lbs and very strong and doesn't understand what is going on.? <_< That is my only hold back is how to approach this and get started but am not sure how to handle my ds that is 15yr.

Thank you for any experience of anykind, ^_^

Lotafaith

My son does fairly well with IVIG, in home. At first I was a nervous wreck, but I also know my son(14) is so tired of this...he's been remarkable through a year of IV's. I think the doctor could prescribe a good drug that would help. Best of luck to you.

I would definitely have something on hand like Adivan/valium. Which office will you be seeing? Are you going to an office which has alot of experience with autism? We see Creation's Own in Melbourne (Bradstreet, Rossignol, Smith). They were fully prepared for my 5 year old (took 4 of us to hold him down for IVIG insertion). They said they have experience with big kids (like 6 foot teenage boys who try to tear up the office, etc...).

Best of luck!

Stephanie