ACN Latitudes Forums

Is homeopathy helpful in TS?

Hi

some members have found it helpful

I think Patty has done extensive homeopathic treatment

we have used homeopathic remedies for other things but feel the agaricus remedy given to my son by a homeopath prior to his dramatic onset may actually have triggered the onset of his TS. This was suggested by another homepath who is also an integrative MD. She felt agaricus was a very wrong remedy for my son to have been given.

so one does have to be cautious and also, if you see a homeopath, be sure they are fully qualified in classic homeopathy

Well my son has had tics now for a few weeks and we have been giving him "Tic Tamer" which is: (from their website)

Hyoscyamus (30C) is beneficial for those who tend to feel restless and often display jerky movement when they are enthusiastic or worried about something.

Zinc met (30C) supports the absorption of minerals in the body. In addition, Zinc met acts as a nervous system tonic to soothe the nerves at night as well as during the day.

Cina (30C) is thought to be named after Artemisia – the queen of Persia and renowned herbalist in the 4th century BC. It is used homeopathically to relieve irritability, increase tolerance and prevent outbursts.

Chamomilla (12C) is a well–known soothing and calming homeopathic remedy to address any common nervous spasms.

Citricidal Extract (inactive ingredient)

We went to a naturopath and she agreed that this was a good place to start. So we noticed NO CHANGE in his tics giving him 5+ drops 3 times a day. My naturopath is now suggesting to try the hyoscyamus in a different dose (not sure yet what does) ALONE to see if that makes a difference. I will let you know when we start that and how it goes...

sahm,

Just want to let you know that most NP are not homeopaths. If you are interested in homeopathy, pls see a classically trained homeopath and she will prescribe a constitutional remedy that is specifically for your child.

The combination remedy is not a classical homeopathic prescription. It is more like a pharmaseutical formula combined w/ the most common symptoms and hope that one of them will work. That's why many who have tried a combination remedy do not find it helpful. If it does reduce symptoms, it is only temporary and does not have lasting effect and eventually it will stop working.

Please do not think that there is no side effect from using homeopathic remedies. If the remedy is strong & powerful enough to cure it also has the power to cause harm. However, do not be alarm at this point, as you have only given your son very little.

Pat

Thanks Patty - I do need all the advice I can get and definitely don't know much about homeopathy. I wish there was someone who could look at my child and just figure it all out and fix him :) I am admittedly flailing and I will be careful as you advised. :o

sahm,

don't get despair. you are doing your best. my advise is to figure out what is your child's triggers (if it is not genetic TS) then find the modalities that resonate with him.

i find that in my past experience, detailed daily record keeping is crucial & essential in giving you clues. and before trying any modalities, try to understand how & why it works and be sure to find an experience practiitioner. a good practitioner who is good at his craft makes all the difference in the world!

good luck!

Pat