ACN Latitudes Forums

Red ears and cheeks anyone?

My son (13) has frequent red ears and red cheeks. It happens with physical exertion but also -at times- just happens. It seemed to have gone away until January, December, after exposure to H1N1- then we started seeing it with exertion. He does have food sensitivities and we do see the red ears and cheeks with exposure to foods he is allergic to (we use the Rapp allergy treatments with low dose extract shots).

Today when I picked him up from school his cheeks were really red. No physical exertion/ no recent foods eaten/ no hot rooms.

Coincidentally (or not), my daughter had a positive rapid strep test today. Is this part of my son's reaction to strep exposure?

I am wondering if anyone else sees this.

Yes! My son gets flamimg red ears (and gets very "emotional") when he eats salicylates....but, only when he is ill (in a mid flair). To combat this, he takes No-Phenol enzymes when he eats offending foods, and has no reaction to salicylates at all with this product! We love it!!

I haven't heard about no phenol enzymes. Where could I find out about them? We were using cromalyn (now gastrocrom) regularly, but now just use it if my son has an obvious reaction (usually hyperactivity with red cheeks & ears). I'd love to learn about other options.

Yes! My son gets flamimg red ears (and gets very "emotional") when he eats salicylates....but, only when he is ill (in a mid flair). To combat this, he takes No-Phenol enzymes when he eats offending foods, and has no reaction to salicylates at all with this product! We love it!!

Vickie...my kids are fair skinned, too. My youngest sons red ears are an absolute reaction to offending foods. We have "tested" it over and over again. Doing fine...gave him ketchup, spaghetti sauce, etc........flaming ears and behaviors (emotional) in a half an hour! I do know of kids that are "just red" (fair skinned, like you said)......it could be nothing...but, something to make sure it is nothing. (kimballot)

http://www.enzymestuff.com/nofenolfile.htm

Edited by P.Mom