ACN Latitudes Forums

Night time enuresis

My 15 year old has had night time enuresis all of his life. About a year ago he finally got a handle on it and only had accidents at night maybe once a month. This week suddenly it has returned to nightly. Has anyone had this happen to their child. Is this a sign of a PANDAS episode. He is not showing his normal other signs of increased tics, although the older he gets the less we see the tics and OCD.

Edited by Bio and adopt

We were just talking about this on another thread. My son is 6 years old. He stopped wetting his bed well before his first PANDAS exacerbation. His first PANDAS exacerbation was at 5 yrs old. He stopped bed wetting (as a part of potty training) probably around 2 yrs old. Just so you know the re-emergence of bed wetting wasn't due to age.For him, what I have noticed is he will wet his bed at night when he is getting sick. It is uncontrollable for him and he does not get reprimanded for this. During his last strep triggered exacerbation, he wet his bed every night for over a month. He may have even wet for multiple months. I can't remember. Then, out of now here, it stopped. It has been explained to me before just how and why it is a symptom of PANDAS, but I don't know if I can remember the explanation exactly rigth now. But, for some, it definitely a symptom of PANDAS (or illness) coming on.

Something to remember is that any PANDAS symptom can resurface once the wheels of PANDAS are in motion. So I don't see why bed wetting couldn't be one as well. So, there is a chance it can be strep related or perhaps another illness is surfacing. I say make note of this and track his other behavior and health over the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Vickie