ACN Latitudes Forums

Full Strength Biaxin-how long?

About refills and Dr T....When you want a refill, can you have the pharmacy try to call the doctor to refill it? Do pharmacies do that? Perhaps if all he had to do was "okay" it directly with the pharmacist it would be easier?

Simplygina...what allergy meds does your child take?

I had to hound him a bit after the first round to get the refill called in. Keep trying. I think he is crazy busy and overwhelmed.

About refills and Dr T....When you want a refill, can you have the pharmacy try to call the doctor to refill it? Do pharmacies do that? Perhaps if all he had to do was "okay" it directly with the pharmacist it would be easier?

Simplygina...what allergy meds does your child take?

usually Benadryl. It doesn't seem to make him overly tired and I buy the generic dye free formula. I've given him Zyrtec as well but it doesn't seem to work as well for him. I hate that it only lasts 4-6 hours because I'm not very good at remembering to get him the next dose. He usually gets one in the morning and one before bed when I can remember.

I am in the same boat. Not sure why Dr. T isn't responding. I have 11 more days of Biaxin left. I just filled the second script of ten days on my own as I did not here from Dr. T. My son's tics have returned and they are really bothering him. I have asked Dr. T for his lab work a few times, but with no reply. My son's moods have stabilized, but his tics came back this week. I feel so helpless and bad for him. I will try to boost his immune system with vitamins and hopefully this is just a little bit of a back slide. Dr. T said this would help with his tics, it did a little, but they are back. :D

why were on biaxin...myco P???

your sons tics went away.....for how long???

doc t thought biax would help with tics......

.i don't think they helped my ds tics so much,,i don'tt know...but his mood was a little better,, i think....even though we are going after myco p...igg........the aug really seemed to help ds.also.....so i wonder if it is really messed up t-cells caused by so many past streps or silent strep...if that is possible...and the myco p just also happens to be there or just stirs up the strep

some people are having real success with biax

I am in the same boat. Not sure why Dr. T isn't responding. I have 11 more days of Biaxin left. I just filled the second script of ten days on my own as I did not here from Dr. T. My son's tics have returned and they are really bothering him. I have asked Dr. T for his lab work a few times, but with no reply. My son's moods have stabilized, but his tics came back this week. I feel so helpless and bad for him. I will try to boost his immune system with vitamins and hopefully this is just a little bit of a back slide. Dr. T said this would help with his tics, it did a little, but they are back. :)

.i don't think they helped my ds tics so much,,i don'tt know...but his mood was a little better,, i think....even though we are going after myco p...igg........the aug really seemed to help ds.also.....so i wonder if it is really messed up t-cells caused by so many past streps or silent strep...if that is possible...and the myco p just also happens to be there or just stirs up the strep

We were treating for myco P, from what I understood from Dr. T, a secondary infection. ds was negative for Igm and pos for igg (something with the #41 too), Dr. T has not sent me the lab work so I don't know exactly. anyway, Dr. T said it should help with the tics. he told me initially i should see everything being pretty good after 10 days of antibiotics, if indeed this is what was causing rage, tics, anxiety. the rage has seemed to decrease, the tics got better (about 60%), never being eliminated entirely. Now, the edginess is back and tics are bad again. My son has been tested for strep antibodies twice in the last couple of months and both his pediatrician and Dr. T said it looks like he has never even had strep. I am so confused on all this. I just started him on Intuniv because ds psychiatrist said it would help with his edginess and focus. This is the only med I am willing to try. Now with the tics back, I am re-thinking it. I thought I was seeing success with biax, but good results never seem to stay around. Right now, the facial tics are what ds struggles with and the rages have subsided. What is silent strep?

I am in the same boat. Not sure why Dr. T isn't responding. I have 11 more days of Biaxin left. I just filled the second script of ten days on my own as I did not here from Dr. T. My son's tics have returned and they are really bothering him. I have asked Dr. T for his lab work a few times, but with no reply. My son's moods have stabilized, but his tics came back this week. I feel so helpless and bad for him. I will try to boost his immune system with vitamins and hopefully this is just a little bit of a back slide. Dr. T said this would help with his tics, it did a little, but they are back. :)

We were treating for myco P, from what I understood from Dr. T, a secondary infection. ds was negative for Igm and pos for igg (something with the #41 too), Dr. T has not sent me the lab work so I don't know exactly. anyway, Dr. T said it should help with the tics. he told me initially i should see everything being pretty good after 10 days of antibiotics, if indeed this is what was causing rage, tics, anxiety. the rage has seemed to decrease, the tics got better (about 60%), never being eliminated entirely. Now, the edginess is back and tics are bad again. My son has been tested for strep antibodies twice in the last couple of months and both his pediatrician and Dr. T said it looks like he has never even had strep. I am so confused on all this. I just started him on Intuniv because ds psychiatrist said it would help with his edginess and focus. This is the only med I am willing to try. Now with the tics back, I am re-thinking it. I thought I was seeing success with biax, but good results never seem to stay around. Right now, the facial tics are what ds struggles with and the rages have subsided. What is silent strep?

I don't know that there is silent strep....it's my theory that its like lymes..

so the biaxin worked on the tics...that's great....

if you start intuniv and the timing coinsides with start and tics...i would say that looks like a smoking gun....what works for one maynot work for another

We also just finished a 30 day course - 500 mg daily - for my 7 year old.

She was greatly improved, especially in her rages, which all but subsided.

Through the Western Blot we learned she also tested positive for Lyme - now I don't know where to go from here. The pediatrician suggested amox, which she called in by phone - I don't think that will do anything. Add to it, my dd has been bitten twice by a tick (she spends alot of time outdoors), but the last bite was well over a year ago. Since then, she's been treated with amox. and augmentin (for other things). If it had inadvertently worked on the Lyme, would she still test positive?

I'm so confused.

Also, re: Dr T - he called us today, and I missed the call!!! I think the poor guy is really overwhelmed, so we need to be patient. But it is difficult when we aren't getting answers from any other doctors.. Hopefully, he'll get some help in his office (think he may have done that already) and get us all situated.

Good luck.

We also just finished a 30 day course - 500 mg daily - for my 7 year old.

She was greatly improved, especially in her rages, which all but subsided.

Through the Western Blot we learned she also tested positive for Lyme - now I don't know where to go from here. The pediatrician suggested amox, which she called in by phone - I don't think that will do anything. Add to it, my dd has been bitten twice by a tick (she spends alot of time outdoors), but the last bite was well over a year ago. Since then, she's been treated with amox. and augmentin (for other things). If it had inadvertently worked on the Lyme, would she still test positive?

I'm so confused.

Also, re: Dr T - he called us today, and I missed the call!!! I think the poor guy is really overwhelmed, so we need to be patient. But it is difficult when we aren't getting answers from any other doctors.. Hopefully, he'll get some help in his office (think he may have done that already) and get us all situated.

Good luck.