ACN Latitudes Forums

stopped aug 24 hours ago

we stopped augmentin 24 hours ago because ds started having some really big joint pains and in groin...

he was still hurting this moring...he is pretty good now....HOWEVER!!!!

i'm not sure if i'm seeing a ramp up in tics!?!?!?!?!?

We are supposedly dealing with MP which i understand.....but i wonder if strep can be like lymes and ebv and just hang around and that is the real issue ,underlying ..and maybe myco p i secondary....i saw a marke improvement 24 hours after starting aug....

we are 30 days into clarith

one more thought per lyme mom....could he have lymes and that is why he is reacting to the augmentin...Are you not supposed to do augmentina if you have lymes???

how quick did sammy relapse the first time he stopped the first time?

my son has had great experienced with azith in past....i was hoping to add aug to our list ...but I AM SO SAD....HE'S PROBABLY ALLERGIC...AND THINGS WERE SO GOOD THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS......what is it about augmentin..........what if that it the one to do the trick and we can't use it!!???

Trying to get ahold of doc t again.....I called doc k's office he was out and i really feell like doc t has helped so much......but i want to try using abx for a real trial (a couple of months)first....i will use ivig but i want to try the sammy way, as our prior successes and it seemed to be working again......i'm afraid doc k won't go that route and i know doc t thinks you don't always have to use ivig to have success......I just want to go work in his office for free to get him set up/organized/ help with the paper work and he would only have to field the calls

I don't want to loose our gains

Has anyone done ivig or pex just 1 times and measurable enough success that stuck and not need to do 2......

if pandas isn't recognized and we have to pay out of pocket i don't know how many we could afford....maybe have to wait till he's older and catch the perfect wave where he is less likely to get sick/young enough to have it work!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?????

we stopped augmentin 24 hours ago because ds started having some really big joint pains and in groin...

We are supposedly dealing with MP which i understand.....but i wonder if strep can be like lymes and ebv and just hang around and that is the real issue ,underlying ..and maybe myco p i secondary....i saw a marke improvement 24 hours after starting aug....

one more thought per lyme mom....could he have lymes and that is why he is reacting to the augmentin...Are you not supposed to do augmentina if you have lymes???

my son has had great experienced with azith in past....i was hoping to add aug to our list ...but I AM SO SAD....HE'S PROBABLY ALLERGIC...AND THINGS WERE SO GOOD THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS......what is it about augmentin..........what if that it the one to do the trick and we can't use it!!???

Fixit,

Are you sure the pains are related to the Augmentin? Could it be something else? Could you keep him on it a bit longer to see?

Edited by mati's mom

Fixit,

Are you sure the pains are related to the Augmentin? Could it be something else? Could you keep him on it a bit longer to see?

his last does was sunday moring....

he didn't go to school yesterday.....leg and groin pains got better in the after....but .he is in bed right now,,up through night with pains in his writss...

doc t emailed last night said take him off which i did....on sunday

doc said it bould be ebv...i did test for that But after we started clarith

can i get a good result after starting abx????

today is 34th day clarith...i don't think it's that one.....but son started a screech vocal 3 days into clarith.(2 days into burst)..just read that clarith can cause throat and breathing tubse spasms???????????????? WT&*&**&%$$

the vocal has come down once we started aug......and almost none fri and sat

doc K said burst could take up to 4 weeks to see resluts and today is the 28th day????