ACN Latitudes Forums

Summer Treats

mar

Summer is fastly approaching and was wondering in anyone has any ideas or suggestions for ice cream treats. I know the neighbors will soon be out with their popsicles and am trying to think ahead of what I could give ds so he won't feel like he is misssing out. Any ideas on some summer treats would be apprecited.

Thanks

Mar

I will be facing that problem too as ds is dairy-free among other things.

We make our own popsicles using fruit juice. Kids like them and I like that I know what's in them!

Doesn't help much when the neighbors all have junk from the ice cream truck though!!!

Good luck!

We get a great ice cream callled Living Harvest Tempt. Its made from Hemp milk. My son loves the vanilla with Santa Cruz's non dairy organic chocolate sauce. The chocolate ice cream is good too. The coffee biscotti is out of this world! My favorite.. We get it at our health food store.

it is dairy, soy and gluten free www.livingharvest.com

johnsmom

Thanks for the relpies!! Summer is going to be hard wit hall the sweat traeats going around!

CSP- You mentioned that you make your own ice cream. How do you go about doing that? He probably can't have the cookie part ( due to eggs and sugar) but I would be intereseted about the ice cream part.

Thanks Again

Mar

I have an ice cream maker. You can make sorbet with it too. Can he have honey? I had recpies for sorbet with honey and not sugar, but my homemade ice cream did have sugar in it.

CP

Thanks for the reply. Well I don't really know about the honey? We are doing the yeast free diet as of now and I know I have read in some places that it's ok and then in others that it's not but anyway I would definately like the recipes because I could use them in the near future. Thanks!!

Mar

We get a great ice cream callled Living Harvest Tempt. Its made from Hemp milk. My son loves the vanilla with Santa Cruz's non dairy organic chocolate sauce. The chocolate ice cream is good too. The coffee biscotti is out of this world! My favorite.. We get it at our health food store.

it is dairy, soy and gluten free www.livingharvest.com

johnsmom

Thank you so much for the reply. My husband just picked up the vanilla bean today (they did'nt have the mint in stock) and ds loved it!

Mar