ACN Latitudes Forums

Zinc supplement that does not cause nausea

madhu

OptiZinc by NOW foods is the only one my husband can tolerate it is chelated zinc monomethionine and copper

The one my son and I take is a blend of chelates, zinc gluconate and zinc citrate

usually it is better tolerated if it is a chelate, and also best taken with a B6 supplement. we use the P-5-P form

also be sure he actually needs zinc, as some people are very sensitive to overloads of it

ps also never take zinc on an empty stomach!

some supps, like methylB12 and samE etc are best on empty tummy, but zinc without at least a light meal preceding it, can also make one feel ick

Edited by Chemar
adding

also be sure he actually needs zinc, as some people are very sensitive to overloads of it

LOL....ah yes....the memories.....LOL....

(I can laugh about these things now.....poor kid at the time, though.....)

I miss understood the dr who told me to give my DS 15 mg three times a day with meals........I thought he said "50 mg" (they came in 50 mg tablets as well)......

that ride in on the school bus each morning was enough to put his nausea over the limit........threw up more than once.....

that school bus driver was REAL happy when I realized my mistake....dropped him back down to 15 mg.......and bus rides were "OK" again.....

HI laurena..

tell us some more good stuff about you kid!!!

LOL....ah yes....the memories.....LOL....

(I can laugh about these things now.....poor kid at the time, though.....)

I miss understood the dr who told me to give my DS 15 mg three times a day with meals........I thought he said "50 mg" (they came in 50 mg tablets as well)......

that ride in on the school bus each morning was enough to put his nausea over the limit........threw up more than once.....

that school bus driver was REAL happy when I realized my mistake....dropped him back down to 15 mg.......and bus rides were "OK" again.....

• 3 years later...