ACN Latitudes Forums

Full Moon

Ok, I was going to post this last month but felt like I might sound as crazy as this disorder can be. My daughter has been on Biaxin for nearly a month and things have been improving at a pretty steady pace. This morning things were not so good. My daughter has always verbally abused me when in rage form and sometimes the things she says are so hurtful and demeaning that it just ruins my day. I have always been her human target both verbally and physically. Sometimes I think bi-polar would have been easier which is much controlled on meds. Anyway it is what it is and I know the ones who deal with the rage know where I'm coming from. My question is, Does anyone notice a change in symptoms in correlation with a full moon? Sounds crazy but after having so many good days and a blowup this morning and a full moon tonight it just makes me wonder if there is some kind of connection with the gravitational pull. I have taken notice to this several times.

Maybe that's my dd8's problem today, LOL!

I have not noticed that specifically but I did just go look at the moon phases and she was sick for a week during the first 2 new moons of 2010.

Edited by Suzan

:) Holy Crap! ....(can we say crap on the board? :ph34r: )

Wondering now about this full moon stuff......

I've heard this mentioned before on the TS side (so you guys might want to post or poke around over there, as there has been talk of that at time), but I never paid much attention, it just sounded too complicated and random for me. BUT, I was just remarking to myself this morning how my son's other issues aren't as prominent lately, (like the irritability, ocd stuff, etc.), but we still have vocal tics, they are a little less loud, but still there. (we are not on abx at this time and havn't been for several weeks, the ones we've tried just don't seem to have any positive effect)....

And then, ... this morning my son was really having a wierd irritibility issue, he was actually moaning and groaning and having some obvious issues, I was doing his hair (he needs some help with the flat iron :ph34r: ) and he was off the wall irritable, and I kept saying, "what's going on?, you seem to be VERY irritable" , and even he admitted he didn't know why? I had to keep leaving and telling him to let me know when he was going to stop, he was acting like he almsot wanted to bite me or something... :huh:

So now you say a full moon tonight? maybe there is something to this? I'm going to pay more attention now.....you never know.....I hope it doesn't increase tics........

thanks for the thought.

Faith

Edited by faith

we have documented evidence that waxing moon means waxing symptoms for my son with TS/OCD (from years of keeping a journal on what makes histics and/or OCD wax)

thankfully since his overall condition has been so mild for years now, the waxing is minor. But when he was younger, and still in severe state, it often brought crisis level waxing

the link between the full moon and waxing of neurological/ psychiatric conditions is accepted in hospital ERs

The term "lunatic" comes from luna, the Latin for Moon

I dont think it is a far stretch to consider the effect of the moon's cycle on the human body when we know how dramatically it affects the tides and crops

OK, I'm kind of relieved now... My DS12 came up from his bedroom 3 or 4 times with different questions/complaints/concerns and I though, "Shoot! (can we say shoot?) It's the change in abxs!" But now that you all reminded me of the moon thing, yes, we do usually see a little stirring of things with the full moon. Some people say it's a sign of parasites? I don't know. Maybe we just don't sleep as well because it's so light outside... I better go get some room-darkening blinds!

Isabel

Ok, I was going to post this last month but felt like I might sound as crazy as this disorder can be. My daughter has been on Biaxin for nearly a month and things have been improving at a pretty steady pace. This morning things were not so good. My daughter has always verbally abused me when in rage form and sometimes the things she says are so hurtful and demeaning that it just ruins my day. I have always been her human target both verbally and physically. Sometimes I think bi-polar would have been easier which is much controlled on meds. Anyway it is what it is and I know the ones who deal with the rage know where I'm coming from. My question is, Does anyone notice a change in symptoms in correlation with a full moon? Sounds crazy but after having so many good days and a blowup this morning and a full moon tonight it just makes me wonder if there is some kind of connection with the gravitational pull. I have taken notice to this several times.

My son is also on Biaxin and we had also been improving until this week. Mood is still good, but his tics are much worse than they have been. He almost never wakes up with tics, they usually increase as the day goes on, but the past few days they have been pretty constant from the time he wakes up until bedtime. Even some of the ones that were gone for awhile. I need to track all the stuff. Too bad I'm the one with ADD!

is there any way that continual use of antibiotics have caused intestinal parasites? I hear that parasites hatch around the phases of the moon. sounds really out-there, but just thought I would put the idea in your head... ( I know that when my son gets yeast/bacteria from antibiotics he gets rage and aggression and just plain mean - much worse than pandas).

Stephanie

Edited by Stephanie2

Candida albicans aka "yeast" is considered an fungal intestinal parasite and yes, antibiotics kill off the good gut bugs so candida tends to "invade" if one isnt also taking probiotics (at least 3 hr after the antibiotic or it kills that the pro stuff as well)

I guess being a fungus it doesnt have eggs but rather spores? wonder if it sets off masses of spores at full moon :lol:

I read a paper once on the body fluids beings impacted at full moon too,

I wonder of possible involvement of the pineal/melatonin system too so serotonin may be reduced perhaps (same biological pathway as melatonin)

Our son has shown increase in tourettes symptoms and ocd in the cycle of a full moon. If the moon can effect the tides of the ocean and our bodys are mostly water too - it makes sense. School teachers will tell you that children are more disruptivve and harder to manage during a full moon. Good luck

We've had two intense weeks but the past couple days have been more ramped up than ever. I've hear parasites during a full moon.

• 2 months later...

I am starting to realize that we have a few off days around the full moon, too. DS has been super irritable today and I attributed it to being over tired from a couple long days (Lots of driving - we went on an overnight visit to CT to see Dr. B!) but he's been SO great lately that it surprised me to see him so cranky and "pandas-y". Now that I realize it's a full moon it makes more sense. The last few months I've definitely noticed an increase in symptoms during the full moon.