ACN Latitudes Forums

Has anyone tried LDN cream for immune modulation

Hi,

Has anyone used LDN for PANDAS and did it help. It is supposed to modulate the immune system if used for a year.

I am thinking of starting it after I tried FLAGYL next.

Please tell your experiences with it.

Thanks,

Madhu.

I'd never heard of it, so I just looked it up and did some reading.

It looks interesting, but I guess I would have some concern about its use in children. All of the case studies I found on the web site seem to be of older adults suffering from Chron's, ALS and MS.

I used oral LDN starting last summer. I think I saw some initial improvements. Then, when the strep struck, it just seemed too much of a wild card. Nobody could really say for sure (her psychiatrist prescribed it at my request) what effect it was having, whether it was helping or hurting. I may try again, down the road, after my daughter has been stable for a period of time. I believe it was interfering w/ sound sleep.

The thing I wondered about most is if it boosts the immune system, is it also boosting production of auto-antibodies? Nobody could tell me one way or the other.

I tried it on my son and it wasnt good. He became more emotional and defiant.

johnsmom

Hi,

Has anyone used LDN for PANDAS and did it help. It is supposed to modulate the immune system if used for a year.

Thanks,

Madhu.

Hi,

Thanks,

Madhu.

I tried with my son but discontinued after 2 months as he kept waking up with nightmares.

Every kid reacts differently to LDN but make sure you start with very very low dose and be careful for it does have side effects.

I am going to wait before I venture into this regime again.

Thank you