ACN Latitudes Forums

Curious: What is your PANDAS child allergic to?

dd8 - dust mites, cats, dogs, grass, trees, weeds, gluten intolerant possible celiac

dd7 - dust mites, gluten intolerant possible celiac

Their PANDAS symptoms are triggered by allergies.

Susan

Edited by Suzan

We have not done offical allergy testing but the ped did wrote testing down as a possibility in his med file. I know he has spring allergies, but they seem to vary year to year in severity and what the symptoms would be. The severity could be due to how fast we start meds, but I don't undersatnd why the symptoms would change. His spring allergies strated to surface I think around 4 years old. Same pattern as my other son.

The ped think he's probably allergic to dust mites too. He thinks his possible allergy to them is what made a sinus infection set in a couple months ago. I wouldn't be surprised if he was allergic since my husband is and my son's sinus infection did finally clear up after 2 rounds of abs and me really dusting and cleaning the house.

No other allergies to mention.

cats, pollen, not sure what else. I suspect a lot more. He can't do testing until he is off abx for 10 days.

Do abx affect allergies?

Our immunologist let my dd's stay on but had to come off all allergy meds.

Susan

My son has constant shiners under his eyes and after much testing (sensitivity and allergy) and elimination of certain foods (dairy, wheat, gluten) we have still not figured out what it is. He has them year round.

Justine

Edited by justinekno

cats, pollen, not sure what else. I suspect a lot more. He can't do testing until he is off abx for 10 days.

Do abx affect allergies?

Our immunologist let my dd's stay on but had to come off all allergy meds.

Susan

Same here for us, he said antibiotics were fine but no allergy meds. We tested negative but also have the "allergy shiners" he called them but yet no allergies. No idea either what they are from, maybe just worn down systems?