ACN Latitudes Forums

I'm haveing a rough day!

Mycoplasm seems to be a rough one to treat - Biaxin is the only effective treatment we've seen with our daughter.

And with this being her last bottle of it - honestly, I'm not sure what to do next either.

I've heard that steroid bursts can increase vocal tics and tourette's like symptoms, and this could also be the "getting worse before getting better" that alot seem to talk about. We haven't done steroids, so I don't speak from personal experience..

I hope you get some answers from doctors soon. Alot of us are waiting on callbacks from Dr. T (me included). Maybe these docs are just getting really inundated? Leaves us in the dark, though, for sure.

Good luck.

Noelle

an update and some good things!!!!

hi vickies...yah some time ago i may have metioned he has geographic tongue

colleenrn...i did not test for EBV till after we were on clarith for almost 2 weeks and it came up neg

did you just push through the hives.....how did you allergy test for augmentin... i've been giving him bendrey and that seems to help with the itches

can you keep a kid on an abx with hives....thing is he's takng clarith too

To add to our story, on fri night, found out ds got hurt at school..had to go to cliniic 2 times on sat to see if his wrist or foot was ok..nothing broken.....just keep me going to the doctors thats all

ANYWAY.....i am happy and scared...i thought i noticed w/i 24 hours of 1st dose of aug (which we started 3 weeks after clarith) a good 10% improvement in ds...we may have already had 10-20 on clarith....(but i am doubting what i see because what is 10%...and all the years of docs telling you no coralaiont..and it almost being 1 year...and though we haven't be able to get a doc to work with us until doc k&t,,i'm sure you get it)

Well the morning looked good, but you don't know till they come home...even though he had hives on fri...i'm not noticing too many tics!!!!! and i keep wating and things are still good...i want to give that day a 6ish (considering when we started this journey i was calling him a 10 at that point and wanted to work backwards,,,,and he did ramp up to an 11 for a while)...

Yesterday was aonther great, to me, day...i was a 5 or better.....it was sooooo good.....(on a real scale he looked like a 3)....yes he had a couple of vocals...but i think he can really control them......and now that i started readins SAMMY....it's almost like certain locations and times

and they did ramp last night at his cousins b-day party to about a 7 but that was until we got back from the clinic at 7pm...IT WAS SO NICE AND FINALLY I FEEL A LITTLE HOPEFULL AGAIN!!!!

Today however i would say we are back to 7 or 8.(his vocals are up while playing videos right now and I HATE IT...

Still has hives..says his hands feel hot...

He is such a good boy and he won the Honesty award at school,,,,and that is a peer vote!!!

....could it be saw tooth...could it be the party reminents...woucl it be his bruised writst and ankle

could it be the burst wearing off.....FRiday was 24 dsay post burst and doc K said it could take up to 4 weeks....

What if he is allergic to aug and that is what is improving everything!?!?!?

Guys thanks so much for being here.....really!!!!