ACN Latitudes Forums

? on Allergy Results

Can anyone interpret this for me while I wait for Dr. to call me back?

cow milk IgE result was <0.35 Range [<0.35]

cow mile IgG result was 130.0 Range [<2.0]

Wheat IgE result <0.35 Range [<0.35]

Wheat IgG result 7.5 Range [<2.0]

I think it means he is allergic to Milk and Wheat but does the IgE have to be elevated too? New to the allergy tests.

Thanks for any help. All of you are great.

I think it means he is allergic to Milk and Wheat but does the IgE have to be elevated too? New to the allergy tests.

IgG means intolerant while IgE means allergic. Depending on who did the test, they may not think the IgG results are significant. I know for us, IgG is very significant. My dd's gluten/wheat IgG was 75 and she is highly gluten intolerant. I would consider your milk result very high. Keep us posed on what the doc says! I am very interested.

Did they test total IgA or do a celiac panel?

Susan

Edited by Suzan

I'm not sure if they did total IgA or celiac panel. Thanks and I will let you know after talking to Dr. I did tell my son NOT to have any milk today.

IgG means intolerant while IgE means allergic. Depending on who did the test, they may not think the IgG results are significant. I know for us, IgG is very significant. My dd's gluten/wheat IgG was 75 and she is highly gluten intolerant. I would consider your milk result very high. Keep us posed on what the doc says! I am very interested.

Did they test total IgA or do a celiac panel?

Susan

I agree - IgG means intolerante while IgE means allergic. An IgG reaction can happen up to a few days after ingesting the substance, so it is very hard to identify through the elimination diet. Our son tested with no issues on an IgE level, but he did test with issues on an IgG level to wheat, dairy and gluten. We saw improvements after going wheat, gluten and dairy free. We were 100% strict on this for about 8 months and then began to allow something like regular pizza once a week. Seems to be going ok so far.

Here is something interesting on IgG vs IgE. Our other son tested no issues on dairy for IgE, but he did test sensitive for dairy on IgG. I was not surprised because he would break out in tiny bumps along his jaw line whenever he had milk. Once we removed all dairy in his diet, no more instances of bumps and mild case of eczema on back of his arms is totally gone. The eczema was present as long as he ingested dairy. It has been gone for over a year now and the only change we made was removing dairy. That indicates to me that IgG results are valid in some way.

Some doctors do not give any attention to IgG results, but I would say pay attention. I am not sure if your test results show dairy or just cow's milk. If it does not report on dairy and is only listing cow's milk, I would suggest removing all dairy and dairy related products. I would also suggest removing all gluten if only wheat is mentioned. It can be hard to make these changes at first, but once you get in a groove it just becomes a new way of eating. We even went on a trip and managed to stay wheat, dairy and gluten free - just takes some planning ahead!

• 1 year later...

Allergy always has a physiological/medical cause.

Allergy has always a physiological / body chemical source. Foreign microscopic particles enter our body and activate our immune system, causing different symptoms like swollen mucous membranes, skin rash, inflammation. When this occurs with a substance that does not expose the body for any threat, we call the reaction allergy.

http://psykosyntesforum.se/newsletter.html offers an E-course for re-programming yourself.Check it out!