ACN Latitudes Forums

Do I have OCD?

Guest Jenna

My friends say its just in my head and that if i had it i would be on pills. But the thing is I know I have it and yes i would love to go on medication if only i had the guts to tell my parents. I have to keep checking things. Take a light switch for example. If I dont turn it on or off right I have to do it again till i do it right and I have to do this little cough thing I do and count to 3. Its really annoying and if I dont do it right then I will have this constant feeling something bad will happen so sometimes I spend 5 minutes turning off a stupid light switch. Its really annoying and I cant handle it anymore, I burst out in tears thinking im stupid because who takes 5 minutes to turn out a light because if I dont something bad will happen. please help me. Do you think I have OCD?

• 3 weeks later...

Jenna,

Yes, you have OCD. I've had it for 28 years and the light switch thing is the first thing I can remember it surfacing on. Please, please tell your parents. If I had done so, even though back then they probably didn't know what OCD was, mine wouldn't be as bad as it is. There is help available. You are NOT crazy, although it feels that way sometimes. Get help so you don't get worse.

• 2 months later...

bluebird is right jenna you have OCD

i also started with the light switch and door closing routine along with all the hand washing and in over one year all those routines had taken like five to six hours from my day

i droped out of school and now i just spend my days locked at home afraid of germs and doing the same confirmation routines

you should seek help right now before its to late

medication can help a lot and an expert can help abandon all those routines

sorry to have to tell you this

i hope you get better