ACN Latitudes Forums

Nerotransmitter Test-Has anyone done it?

mar

I am curious if anyone has done the nerotransmitter test and if so did it provide helpful info?

Thanks

Mar

Hi Mar,

We've done the test 2 times through Neuroscience, we think it was useful. I thought it would be interesting to see the results because my son only tics when excited, anxious, anticipates things. We did try one of the recommended supplements, but didn't notice any change. We were working with a naturopath the second time we did the test, and she suggested supplements based on test results. I thought it was useful! Let me know if you have any questions.

I am curious if anyone has done the nerotransmitter test and if so did it provide helpful info?

Thanks

Mar

We've done the Neuroscience testing about 2 years ago. At the time, it was priceless to us. It really helped b/c the supplement they put him on was a miracle for his intrusive OCD at the time. Unfortunately, they really weren't able to help him with his tics.

Does anyone know the difference between these tests and the test Dr Cunningham does?

Not sure which tests by dr C that you are referring to

if it is the CamKinase test that she does to try to determine if a patient may be PANDAS, then no, this is a completely different type of test and is specifically designed to measure the levels of the neurotransmitters in the brain, nothing to do with PANDAS

Does anyone know the difference between these tests and the test Dr Cunningham does?

if it is the CamKinase test that she does to try to determine if a patient may be PANDAS, then no, this is a completely different type of test and is specifically designed to measure the levels of the neurotransmitters in the brain, nothing to do with PANDAS

Thanks for all the info! How much would this test run about and would you know if insurance covers it.

Mar

Thanks for all the info! How much would this test run about and would you know if insurance covers it.

Mar

I may be wrong, but I think it was around $200 and our insurance did cover some of it.

We had it done. There is controversy on it because your neurotransmittor levels change from minute to minute so your level could be one thing and then an hour later, it could be dramatically different. Also, some people say that what is reflected in the urine is not accurate as to what is going on in the brain. With that said though, we did it and it seems to reflect what I see in my daughter.

I went into it with the thought that it would be like diabetes and the blood sugar. Specifically, if you take a blood sugar, an hour later the blood sugar can be very different. But if you catch a 400, then you have diabetes even if it is normal at the next reading. I was looking for "way off the chart" levels and I got one. We had a few other levels that were off, but they were only slightly off and I have ignored those levels.