ACN Latitudes Forums

What could this mean?

mar

I mentioned in other posts my son has been doing well with his tics and all since the implementation of his yeast free sensitivity free diet. Anyway on Monday after school he had the juice of a young coconut, 1/2 glass of Coconut milk, two scoops of coconut yogurt, two scoops of coconut ice cream and a slice of yeast free tapioca bread w/goat butter on it. OK first of all I know I'm crazy and totally overdid it with new things. He has'nt had any of this. He does not have a sensitivity to coconut according to his bloodwork. Really didn't want to add this but he also had a couple slices of a pickle(Bubbies) with was suger, vinegar, and preservative free. I know I went overboard but he was so happy!! Anyway all of a sudden he started ticcing like before my eyes. Pulling shirt on his shoulder, rolling both shoulders, umm sounds. I though must be from excitment because of all the new stuff. But hom efrom school on Monday and same thing. His tics dramatically increased from that day. Still doing it today and came in from playing with his friend and now his lips are chapped. Have not seen him like this since December!!! The reason I went crazy with all the coconut I though it would be could for the yeast diet. And then reading one of my many books last night I happened to read that goats milk is good for killing Candida. I just know its from one of the hundreds of things I gave him on Monday. I though I was doing good! Any advice!

Mar

hi Mar

yes, it could have been any one of those things if they were all new or just a total overload! That was quite a lot of stuff mixed together there!

also with all that sudden coconut, he could have had a big yeast die off and be reacting from that

did the ice cream have carrageenan in it? we totally avoid that!

any other artificial ingredients in any of it?

hi Mar

yes, it could have been any one of those things if they were all new or just a total overload! That was quite a lot of stuff mixed together there!

also with all that sudden coconut, he could have had a big yeast die off and be reacting from that

did the ice cream have carrageenan in it? we totally avoid that!

any other artificial ingredients in any of it?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes I know I went crazy. I guess after spending three hours in whole foods just to find something new took me of the deep end. I just want to make him happy! Will never do that again all at once! Learned my lesson. We live and we learn. Ice cream had (organic coconut milk, organtic agave syrup, chicory root extract, organtic dried coconut, carob bean gum, guargum, natural flavor). Everything was organic with no artifical ingredients. I spent hours reading labels. I also wonder if it could be the natural sugars in the ice cream (11grams per serving). Is natural sugar okay on candida dies as long as not listed in ingredients? Then of course he went to the dentist today and has a molar and another tooth coming in and a loose tooth. Also spring allergies coming on. All hits at once . But I feel 100% it was to the damage I did on Monday with the food. He has not had any of the items since. Though I did give him the ice cream today and while eating doing Umm sounds but could be because he enjoys it and is excited.

Thanks

Mar

mar,

i wonder if your son has a sensitivity to coconut but not allergic. usu people w/mild sensitivities do not react to allergen, however, in massive dose one can react to it. also, a blood test only establishes a baseline and it may be a false negative.

if you have started NAET, i would muscle test him each coconut item at a time then muscle test w/all combined coconut items.

hope things settle fast for your son.

pat

Mar

teeth coming out and in are noted by many as being tic triggers

it could be the combination of that plus the new stuff

too much sugar can also be a culprit, natural or not, as it does have an effect on the brain

I agree with Patty to check for possible coconut sensitivity even tho no allergy. I still wonder tho if you were not rather seeing an enhanced die off of candida as that much coconut could have sped up the yeast demise because of the anti-fungal properties

carolyn_lsc has written up some info here on coconut allergy so maybe search coconut with her user name and see what you find

Mar

teeth coming out and in are noted by many as being tic triggers

it could be the combination of that plus the new stuff

too much sugar can also be a culprit, natural or not, as it does have an effect on the brain

I agree with Patty to check for possible coconut sensitivity even tho no allergy. I still wonder tho if you were not rather seeing an enhanced die off of candida as that much coconut could have sped up the yeast demise because of the anti-fungal properties

carolyn_lsc has written up some info here on coconut allergy so maybe search coconut with her user name and see what you find

Thanks for the info Chemar and Patty!

Will be looking into the coconut info.

Thanks,

Mar

yes i mentioned that too abbe as it really sounds like that may be what happened...rapid die off and toxin buildup

Just to let everyone know yes he has gotten better. It took several days so maybe the die-off? He is still showing signs of OCD which makes him look more on edge but the shoulder tics have imporoved. Thanks for all the feedback!

Mar