ACN Latitudes Forums

auricular therapy/medicine

we all have similarities and differences in our struggles with this disease/disorder - whatever we call it. i've felt such help, education, hope and comraderie from this forum. we have been following a different path than most in treatment.

my son's symptoms are almost purely behavioral. we had been using a homeopathic protocol similar in theroy to abx. i've thought i've seen some good results. he had a flu around Thanksgiving and had an exacerbation. in january, i spoke with our dr and said i wasn't sure i felt he was on a good healing path - as i looked over past notes, he seemed okay (not in crisis) but to just be having a collection of good days and bad days. he recommended another dr who does auricular therapy (a type of ear acupuncture and something similar to muscle testing). my son seemed to really be improving since january - a clear reduction on buster's chart from the teens in january to 6s to recently 2-4s. last week, we had a terrible school conference where i learned he is very out-of-sync at school. he seems to have some regressive behaviors and irritabilty this week. (he's been in a change of medication for 2 weeks)

yesterday, we saw the auricular guy - he's a practicing anesthesiologist with a side private practice. as we spoke about ds's behaviors, i brought up the concept of possible lyme. he said given his behaviors, lyme is likely. he did the testing that he does and this is what he came up with. this is a different type of 'testing' but those that believe it, believe it just as other's believe blood tests. if anyone is more interested, i can tell more. of course, the proof is 'in the pudding' so we will see where this leads us but i thought some might be interested in what is seemingly affecting my son.

• as he was first testing my son's energy field (i know - sounds whacked!) - he said "his brain is showing a lot of stress, a lot of stress, so you can't blame him for whatever he does"
  • reactive to lyme, non-reactive to any lyme co-infection (lyme mom - i know, i know - you're the town crier falling on deaf ears, i really did not believe him to have lyme b/c he had clear strep, no 'other' lyme symptoms than those consistent with pandas and a completely negative western blot.)
  • reactive to cytomegalovirus ( in the herpes family)
  • slight reactivity to lead
  • reactivity to fungus "a lot, a lot"
  • reactive to toxiplasmosis gondii
  • low serotonin level
  • some trouble gastrointestinal tract
  • some trouble liver
  • mild, very, very mild reactive to autoimmune
  • slight reactive to strep
  • slight reactive to radon
  • no reaction of EBV
  • no reaction to mycoplasma

we live in maryland where lyme is epidemic - this dr believes "half of the people before you have lyme whether they know it or not"

we all have similarities and differences in our struggles with this disease/disorder - whatever we call it. i've felt such help, education, hope and comraderie from this forum. we have been following a different path than most in treatment.

my son's symptoms are almost purely behavioral. we had been using a homeopathic protocol similar in theroy to abx. i've thought i've seen some good results. he had a flu around Thanksgiving and had an exacerbation. in january, i spoke with our dr and said i wasn't sure i felt he was on a good healing path - as i looked over past notes, he seemed okay (not in crisis) but to just be having a collection of good days and bad days. he recommended another dr who does auricular therapy (a type of ear acupuncture and something similar to muscle testing). my son seemed to really be improving since january - a clear reduction on buster's chart from the teens in january to 6s to recently 2-4s. last week, we had a terrible school conference where i learned he is very out-of-sync at school. he seems to have some regressive behaviors and irritabilty this week. (he's been in a change of medication for 2 weeks)

yesterday, we saw the auricular guy - he's a practicing anesthesiologist with a side private practice. as we spoke about ds's behaviors, i brought up the concept of possible lyme. he said given his behaviors, lyme is likely. he did the testing that he does and this is what he came up with. this is a different type of 'testing' but those that believe it, believe it just as other's believe blood tests. if anyone is more interested, i can tell more. of course, the proof is 'in the pudding' so we will see where this leads us but i thought some might be interested in what is seemingly affecting my son.

• as he was first testing my son's energy field (i know - sounds whacked!) - he said "his brain is showing a lot of stress, a lot of stress, so you can't blame him for whatever he does"
  • reactive to lyme, non-reactive to any lyme co-infection (lyme mom - i know, i know - you're the town crier falling on deaf ears, i really did not believe him to have lyme b/c he had clear strep, no 'other' lyme symptoms than those consistent with pandas and a completely negative western blot.)
  • reactive to cytomegalovirus ( in the herpes family)
  • slight reactivity to lead
  • reactivity to fungus "a lot, a lot"
  • reactive to toxiplasmosis gondii
  • low serotonin level
  • some trouble gastrointestinal tract
  • some trouble liver
  • mild, very, very mild reactive to autoimmune
  • slight reactive to strep
  • slight reactive to radon
  • no reaction of EBV
  • no reaction to mycoplasma

we live in maryland where lyme is epidemic - this dr believes "half of the people before you have lyme whether they know it or not"

I'm very interested as we have fungal issues to make abx therapy a true challenge. We have a homeopathic consult this afternoon which about which I've heard very good things. We had a negative lyme via labcorp but I'd bet the farm there's something lyme going on in my kid. What's your new doc trying? How old is your son?

Gat's mom