ACN Latitudes Forums

Sandpaper Rash/Hot Red Ear

Hello!

My son has that sandpaper rash back again, and a red ear. He is on Keflix twice a day right now and his rapid came back neg. His behavior is actually only ramping a little. Any experience with this rash? Could it be Yeast??? My son is 3 1/2.

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

My son has that sandpaper rash back again, and a red ear. He is on Keflix twice a day right now and his rapid came back neg. His behavior is actually only ramping a little. Any experience with this rash? Could it be Yeast??? My son is 3 1/2.

Thanks in advance!

Your discription of a "sandpaper rash" seems like exactly what both my sons have. I got nowhere with the Ped who told me it was dry skin. It seems to come and go (mostly) when I am not consistant with the probiotics or when they have more sugar than ususual. So it could be yeast. I am fairly sure that the rash is worse when they are more hyper also (and that I know is yeast related). Is your son's rash just regular skin color and feels like lots of little bumps all over. Both my boys have this on their backs and stomachs.

Kari

My son has that kind of rash on his cheeks... bumps that are skin color.... really it blends in so unless you are looking at him carefully you could totally miss it's there. He almost always now. His ears get lobster red often.... I find myself constantly checking his temperature because when he has fever his ears turn red too...his temp used to be 97.8-98.6 but not often he runs 99-99.5 but my doctor has dismissed it and said that's not a fever and to stop taking his temperature.

Thanks for the input. I am doing the exact same thing (Checking Temp)...and yes you are right you can't really see it. I have noticed this on my son before, but never this bad. The doctor seemed pretty sure it was a strep rash. I have to say the yeast thing makes since, because he has been on so many antibiotics. However, his daycare is full of Strep right now. Who knows!! Sometimes I think I am going to lose my mind with all of this. He has been complaining of his tummy hurting as well the last few days. Today was a scheduled appoitment to draw blood and run more tests. We have already confirmed his IgG levels are low. Now we need to figure out WHY.

Thanks,

Ginger

My sons get bright red ears too. Somewhere I read that bright red ears are a sign of allergy. In my kids, allergies are related to some ramp up in symptoms, but not as much as we see with bacterial infections. So maybe that's what's going on with you?

Hello!

Thanks in advance!

My sons get bright red ears too. Somewhere I read that bright red ears are a sign of allergy. In my kids, allergies are related to some ramp up in symptoms, but not as much as we see with bacterial infections. So maybe that's what's going on with you?

Hello!

Thanks in advance!

I was going to say the same thing. usually red ears are indicative of an allergy. a rapid would come back negative anyway because of the abx. how long has he been on the keflix? my son had a rash like that several times like that when he was on amoxicillan.