ACN Latitudes Forums

probiotic

Hi ,

I am sure this has been answered but what is a good amount of probiotic to give with children on antibiotics??

Deanna

Hi ,

I am sure this has been answered but what is a good amount of probiotic to give with children on antibiotics??

Deanna

Maybe it depends on the age/weight of your child. My ds16 takes about 100 bill per day of Klaire's Therabiotic Detox Support. We're about to rotate to a Mercola probiotic that will bump him to about 120 bill per day. After that, we'll be back to Klaire's again. I think it might be one of those cases where you get what you pay for, too. Our DAN! really pushed the Klaire's product. If we miss even a couple days, his old yeast symptoms return.

Gayle

We use Klaire Labs pro-biotic complex and vital-plex. they both have 5 bill. each capsule and I give two. I thought that was high,but 100 bil sounds really high.

Gats mom, how many capsules do you give? was that recommended?

thanks

Faith you will laugh at me.

We are on a mission to repair gut flora under the guidance of a nutritionist that has dealt with a lot of auto-immune illnesses. Our son is taking 800 billion units per day (good bacteria), Bentonite Clay (eliminates toxins and firms up stool), high dose B12 (nerve damage), fish oil (anti-inflammatory, anti-viral)..... no other supplements.

Our entire family is following similar regimen, I am taking 1.6 billion units per day. I've got to say, I feel great. The most improved aspect for me.... is my ability to get a good nights sleep. For the last 7 to 10 years, I have woken up nightly at approximately 4:00 a.m. for an hour or two and typically need to start my day at 6:30 a.m. So, I never really got a good nights sleep. Now, I sleep like a baby and never wake up unless one of my kids do or I've had a glass of wine the previous night :angry:

Our son used to complain of stomachs daily and since starting we've had maybe one complaint.

-Wendy

Hi ,

Deanna

Faith you will laugh at me.

We are on a mission to repair gut flora under the guidance of a nutritionist that has dealt with a lot of auto-immune illnesses. Our son is taking 800 billion units per day (good bacteria), Bentonite Clay (eliminates toxins and firms up stool), high dose B12 (nerve damage), fish oil (anti-inflammatory, anti-viral)..... no other supplements.

Our entire family is following similar regimen, I am taking 1.6 billion units per day. I've got to say, I feel great. The most improved aspect for me.... is my ability to get a good nights sleep. For the last 7 to 10 years, I have woken up nightly at approximately 4:00 a.m. for an hour or two and typically need to start my day at 6:30 a.m. So, I never really got a good nights sleep. Now, I sleep like a baby and never wake up unless one of my kids do or I've had a glass of wine the previous night :angry:

Our son used to complain of stomachs daily and since starting we've had maybe one complaint.

-Wendy

Hi ,

Deanna

Hi Faith,

The Klaire's Therabiotic Detox Support is 50bil per cap and we currently take 2 caps. This is was what our DAN! suggested 4 yrs ago.

Wendy: I'm really interested in this. Mine is so sensitive that if we miss his probiotics we see a backlash within a day. We do methylcobalamin B12 lollipops...Revitapops..have you heard of these gems! Methyl B12 is easier absorbed than cyancobalamin B12 which is the standard found in stores. I will say this about my son, the healthier his gut, the better his ability to adapt to change. Thanks for posting!

Gayle

We take 10 x B12, chewable...... they love them: http://www.iherb.com/Bluebonnet-Nutrition-...blets/9996?at=0

The individual we are working with was sick for 10 years with auto-immune. She has been symptomless for 16 years and I've attached her website. She was recommended to me by another parent from this forum and she has been wonderful and very helpful with my son's recovery. Our son has very high PH balances so we are tracking them to get them into normal range.

www.thisworkscrutchesdont.com

For a good laugh:

We see the same nutritionist that SF Mom sees and our son is taking 400 billion units (only because I cannot get him to take anymore). A friend recommended this nutritionist to us because this friend had a severe, debilitating auto-immune illness that was never given a name. She had a fever for 10 years and was flown all over the United States for help, to no avail. She lost her job and was housebound for all of these years.

Anyway, after starting on the high dose probiotics, she slowly got better and two years later, she is now a thriving artist and very healthy and happy.

I know this amount of probiotics does seem extreme, but I have been doing it for over a year and I have never been healthier. I just wish I started my kids on this regime sooner. Donna Pessin, this nutritionist, believes that the current probiotic recommendations would take 300 years to really heal the gut.

Anyway, just another interesting health topic to think about.........

Elizabeth

We see the same nutritionist that SF Mom sees and our son is taking 400 billion units (only because I cannot get him to take anymore). A friend recommended this nutritionist to us because this friend had a severe, debilitating auto-immune illness that was never given a name. She had a fever for 10 years and was flown all over the United States for help, to no avail. She lost her job and was housebound for all of these years.

Anyway, after starting on the high dose probiotics, she slowly got better and two years later, she is now a thriving artist and very healthy and happy.

I know this amount of probiotics does seem extreme, but I have been doing it for over a year and I have never been healthier. I just wish I started my kids on this regime sooner. Donna Pessin, this nutritionist, believes that the current probiotic recommendations would take 300 years to really heal the gut.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth and Wendy,

Are there specific probiotics that Donna really likes? Do you spread this massive dose out throughout the day? With or without food? The Mercola probiotics I just received (but don't start until Sunday) say to take with food. The Klaire's product we currently use doesn't say but our DAN! long ago told me they were best on an empty stomach.

Thanks a bunch!

Gayle

We order from Custom Probiotics..http://www.customprobiotics.com/custom-probiotics-six-cultures.htm

I buy the mixed strain. Some of the others with less strain variations are cheaper. It really ends up seeming like very little but its strong because of the billions of units per gram. Its about a teaspoon full in couple of o.z. of Kefir and a little juice (ours like apple with vanilla Kefir). Once in the morning and once in the evening. So, no pills!

Donna also supplies but is more expensive.

-Wendy

Elizabeth

Elizabeth and Wendy,

Are there specific probiotics that Donna really likes? Do you spread this massive dose out throughout the day? With or without food? The Mercola probiotics I just received (but don't start until Sunday) say to take with food. The Klaire's product we currently use doesn't say but our DAN! long ago told me they were best on an empty stomach.

Thanks a bunch!

Gayle

thanks for all the great info.

Deanna