ACN Latitudes Forums

PANDAS news coverage tomorrow--revisited

Hi Folks--

I cannot keep up with all the messages that have been flooding in on this thread, including from new people who found it upsetting. I deleted it along with a related thread. The deletions are not aimed at any one person.

The initial author of this topic simply intended to let people know about Lynn Johnson's appearance on TV with her daughter Lauren, the "sneezing girl."

The news segment is here: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35814608/

If people have a problem with these deletions I can only say that I feel it is necessary for the integrity of the forum.

We respect the work of all those who are sincerely trying to find help for their own children or other PANDAS families. There are lots of hurdles and difficulties, and the way isn't always clear. But negativity does not help clear the way. In fact, it distracts, discourages, and impedes.

If you don't approve of the deletions, I realize you may choose to leave us. However, I would hope that everyone can stay on and work amicably together as they share their insights.

Our organization's slogan is "Finding tomorrow's treatments today." That's what we would like to focus on.

Thank you for your understanding, Sheila

I understand why it was deleted and there are no ill feelings about it on my part. As for those who are new here or guests who are viewing this forum, these parents are fighters and sometimes we are so used to fighting for our kids that we have a very deep passion for this issue that is hard to contain.

Luckily, we respect each other and, overall, we have the same goal. To get these kids better, prevent unnecessary suffering, and get PANDAS and PITAND recognized and accepted.

I thought the original post also had the new PANDAS website's address listed as well?? Does anyone have that address/link and can it be posted here in this new thread?

Thanks

The website address is www.pandasresourcenetwork.org.

Ellen

I thought the original post also had the new PANDAS website's address listed as well?? Does anyone have that address/link and can it be posted here in this new thread?

Thanks

Thanks all--and I appreciate your adding the www.pandasresourcenetwork.org website. I hadn't meant to omit that!

When Lynn is ready to officially launch the site, we'll pin the URL (and some other resources) so everyone can easily find it. Sheila