ACN Latitudes Forums

eyes shaking

my ds5 told me his "eyes shake" and that when it happens he gets confused. he also said his eyes get blurry and that this has been going on a week. (he is 5 though and a week could me two days)

When this happens and he moves his head around it goes away. He also seems to have just gotten a sinus cold (stuffy nose as of today)

ok, freaked me out a little. Is this PANDAS? should we go have an MRI? EEG? has anybody experienced this?

With two kidlets with this thing I thought I had seen it all already! Never a dull moment.

ahhhhhhhhh. now I am certain I won't sleep tonight.

Kari

p.s. we are on the 10th day of the Bioxin and we give benadrl just in case because he had an alergic reaction to zith. maybe it is the benadryl?

I have heard of kids experiencing floaters, but not sure about the vision being totally blurred. If you are concerned and want to see if his vision is okay, you could take him to an opthamologist. That the kind of eye doctor I went to when antibiotics affected my vision (tertracycline).

As for his sinuses, if you think it's a sinus infection, get that checked out. That may make his symptoms worse. Could it be allergies?

My son takes Benadryl for his spring allergies. He gets kind of tired on the first day, but then quickly adapts and is fine. Never complained about blurred vision from it.

it could be the benedryl...it can also have the opposite effect and make kids hyper.

could be spasm trigger by ben.

could be an eye thing and may just want to check it out w/ eye doc

and not trying to freak you out, but often first tics are eye related...

i would ease of the benedryl...my first guess

my ds5 told me his "eyes shake" and that when it happens he gets confused. he also said his eyes get blurry and that this has been going on a week. (he is 5 though and a week could me two days)

When this happens and he moves his head around it goes away. He also seems to have just gotten a sinus cold (stuffy nose as of today)

ok, freaked me out a little. Is this PANDAS? should we go have an MRI? EEG? has anybody experienced this?

With two kidlets with this thing I thought I had seen it all already! Never a dull moment.

Kari

p.s. we are on the 10th day of the Bioxin and we give benadrl just in case because he had an alergic reaction to zith. maybe it is the benadryl?

Hard to say. I often wonder with my younger son if he is having issues as well or if he is picking things up from his brother, or if he is doing something that is age appropriate. Yesterday we had to use a public restroom. My PANDAS son has always hated using one. When he was little it was the loud noise of the toilets, now it is the idea of someone else's behind having touched the seat. So yesterday my younger son really had to go but was fighting me the whole time, saying he could hold until we got home but that wouldn't be for several hours. Finally he said, "do you have any idea how many other people have used this toilet!?" which made me wonder. But it also sounded exactly like what my PANDAS son says about public restrooms, same tone, same expression, same words. So I don't know. And honestly, I prefer the privacy of my own bathroom as well, but I don't remember even thinking twice about it as a kid. My husband says he always hated public restrooms though.

Every time my younger son does something involving evens or certain numbers I worry. He has definite favorite numbers, but I don't see him having to do something that many times. The other day he would put a piece of bread in the toaster, then go around the island a certain number of times, take the toast out and eat it. Then he did it again. I asked him why that number and he answered, because that's how I measure how long to keep it in the toaster so it is the browness I like. Which makes sense in a way when you are 7 and can't really tell time yet. I know most kids in 1st grade do things like that (don't step on cracks in the sidewalk, or only walk on the black tiles on the floor, etc. I remember doing them myself) but when you live in PANDAS world, those thing really start to make you wonder!

Kari

Hi there;

My ds9 possible PANDAS or TS has many tics that come and go. One tic he has had is where his eyes quickly dart back and forth, and then he will kind of move his head in a way, almost to try to compensate. Not sure if this is what you son is doing but wanted to add what my kid does sometimes in case it could be that.