ACN Latitudes Forums

Mycoplasma testing

Hi all - I want to get some mycoplasma antibody tests run - I am stuggling to find the list of the best ones to test for on-line - do any of you Myco Moms have a list of the tests run?

Thansk -

Meg's Mom,

The test my doctor ordered was called:

Mycoplasma AB, IgG

I also know there is an IgM version of Mycoplasma but I'm not sure how to test for that. I hope this helps.

PANDASkid

Thank you. I think I want more than just m pneumo. I found PCR Mycoplasma Test Kit I - that seems to test for M. orale, M. hyorhinis, M. arginini, M. fermentans, M. salivarium, M. hominis, also M. pneumoniae, Acholeplasma laidlawii, M. synoviae and Ureaplasma species.

Maybe saying Mycoplasm iGg and iGm gets you all this - or are your results specifically for m pneumo?

Anyone know if this is best - I'm not up enough on the science to know what I am looking for, but I need to direct the doc or I'll get that blank stare thing <_< .

Thank you. I think I want more than just m pneumo. I found PCR Mycoplasma Test Kit I - that seems to test for M. orale, M. hyorhinis, M. arginini, M. fermentans, M. salivarium, M. hominis, also M. pneumoniae, Acholeplasma laidlawii, M. synoviae and Ureaplasma species.

Maybe saying Mycoplasm iGg and iGm gets you all this - or are your results specifically for m pneumo?

Anyone know if this is best - I'm not up enough on the science to know what I am looking for, but I need to direct the doc or I'll get that blank stare thing <_< .

I went back and looked at my script and it says "Mycoplasma Panel". Not sure if this tested for all of those or not. I think it depends on what the lab includes in that panel. For instance, I think Labcorp only tests for MycoP in that specified panel.