ACN Latitudes Forums

Corpralalia, and vitamin regimins

Guest Kim

My name is Kim and I have a son age 9 with severe TS, ADHD, and OCd. I;m glad I found this site. I was wondering it anyone out there has a child with corpralalia.( cursing, bad words). Well we are a christian family and it is so hard . We try all we can to keep our son away from movies, shows even people who uses bad language. Let me tell you it is impossible unless we never let him out of the house. I have people who will say things to me about my son if they hear him say bad words, the I try to tell them and yada, yada ,yada. He not only has vocal tics but all kinds. He will stand up and do a flip, yes a flip standing up and ladn on his back. When I am downstairs I will here thump, thump and its him doing flips in his room. He will just scream out loud too. He has the urge to pull his fingers back, adn then gets afriad he will break one but then the urge only increases causing him to do it more.

His adhd is pretty severe too. He is soooo hyper.

With his ocd, he gets the urge to touch hot things( stove, lamp bulbs) also,

he will get a thought stuck in his mind about something, Like going to the store at 10 pm to get soemlthing and when we don't he cannot get the thought out and melts down throwing fits, , hitting me, you name it.

Then when he is through, he is very remorseful, apologietic.

Now that he is getting older (3rd grade) His tics are becoming more noticable by others, ( it seems like when they are younger kids just think there being silly or soemthing).

Anyway one more thing has anyone ever heard of Bonnie Grimaldi supplements? She created them for her son wiht TS, with success. Has anyone used this , you can look it up under Bonniegr.com

Please let lme know,If anyone would like to email me personally my eamil address is Kimwal2001@aol.com

thanks,

kim

Dear Kim,

We too have had to deal with a similar situation, without the ADHD and not as severe. This is what we discovered in our child: heavy metal toxicity through a hair analysis and nutritional defficiencies through what is called Spectracell Test- it checks for vitamins and amino acids. We have opted to treat the nutritional defficiencies and our giving him antioxidants along with some homeopathic drops that chelate very gradually. We currently have him on the Bontech Supplements which seem to have mainted his progress, however on top of those we are still giving him extra of the vitamins he is low in which are not quite enough in her supplements such as b-12 which is vital for the nervous system. I liked the spectracell test because we knew exactly what defficiencies we were dealing with instead of experimenting on a trial and error basis. We have also completely removed all additives and buy only organic produce and milk, my next step will be organic everything- I know this sounds overwelming but children with neurological problems can't afford to have any more toxins introduced into their systems. Heavy metal toxicity is a real issue, if you look at their side effects you will find that they mirror symptoms of autism, ADHD , Tourett's , Obsessive Compulsive as well as others. I read your post the day it came out and had meant to contact you sooner. Let me know if you have anymore questions, I know the agony we as parents go through watching our children go through this. I should add that we have been treating our child for 3 1/2 months and he has progressed about 95%. We'll find out in a couple of weeks if his heavy metal level is dropping. High heavy metals also interfere with the absorbtion of other good minerals that the body needs such as cobalt(which manufactures b-12) or calcium and magnesium andd zinc all vital to the nervous system.

• 3 weeks later...

Kim, When I read your letter I thought of a child I know who had many of the symptoms you mentioned including tics, OCD, touching hot things and screaming --not the physical flips as far as I know though (that must be rough).

Not that many kids do the touching of hot things, which must be so distressing for you, and have always remembered that case.

His OCD, TS, touching hot things, and screaming were brought under control with environmental medicine and nutrient therapy. (You can read some about envir. med. under Dr. Robbins guest section).

All of Jan's suggestions are excellent.

You need to find a professional to help you. You might want to let forum readers know where you live to see if they have someone to recommend.

Don't despair. There should be something that can be done to improve the situation--it's never possible to make promises, but there is always hope.

(Jan--hope you will let us know how the lab tests came out?) Sheila

• 1 month later...
Guest Sarah

Hi Jan,

My son suffers from mild TS and ADD. I noticed that sugar increased the tics and made him "hyper". After reading Doris Rapp's "Is this your child?" I tried an elimination diet which affirmed my observations about sugar. I then when to an enviromental allergist and found through testing that he is highly allergic to cane sugar and mildly allergic to beet sugar. I also found that he had many other allergies of varying severity. He is being treated for the allergies currently. I am also using Bonnie's vitamin regimen which seems to help the tics. I noticed that you had some hair analysis done and testing for nutritional deficiencies. How did you locate services? Did a doctor collect blood & hair specimens or did you just do it using independant labs? I am interested in exploring these avenues with my son and just need some direction to get me started.

Thanks,

Sarah

Guest Guest

Sarah I would get professional help-- would look for a doctor on www.acam.org. these doctors seem to know about detox and which labs to use. dont know them personally to recommend, and dont know where you live but i hear good things about some of them.

i read both your letters. its interesting that you changed the diet and also did Bonnie Gr supplements. I wonder which helps more., It is probably hard to know if the vitamins themselves help? I hope some studies get going on that. my doctor won't pay any attention when i tell her about them.

'

• 3 months later...
Guest Kim Wolfe

My son also had severe tics........he could not even walk.....nothing the doctors could do...that's what they said, no meds etc. The Lord led us to Dr. Deatherage with Brush Creek Naturapathic clinic in MO.......thank God. Jimmy (my son) had literally no calcium, mag, etc. He had terrible poisonings.....cadmium, arsenic, lead etc. Now that we detoxed and added what he needed, he is a new boy.....few tics just usually when he is tired or ate the wrong foods, drinks etc. We also use Mannatech vitamins that seem to really help. We also have went to totally organic everything possible. It is more expensive, but it's not an option as far as I am concerned. I pray this helps your little guy. Dr. Deatherage is great and I highly reccommend him:417-261-2399

Guest Kim Wolfe

I forgot to mention.........after much prayer about "where did this stuff:arsenic, lead etc. come from? I was reading a mag. I think Organic Style or Mother Earth......anyway, there was an article about treated lumber: it is treated with ARSENIC!!!Our wrap around porch/deck was built with treated lumber!! He crawled, played, and learned to walk on it.....baby pool on it etc. Also, we had just built our home.....many toxins in new homes, carpets and everything. I also put miniblinds on every window!! Yikes.....that was nine years ago, and the gov. had not yet banned the lead mini blinds coming from Asia. Needless to say, as soon as I found that out, I took them all down! All of these heavy metals binds to the good stuff: calcium, mag, etc and the body will not absorb what it needs. My advice to anyone is to pray that God will lead you and then search! He will show you what you need to do. I thank God He showed me what to do!

Hi Kim

I feel for you re the coprolalia......it is a hard tic to deal with isnt it.

We are also a Christian family, and it really distressed my son so deeply when he was having coprolalia!

Thankfully, since we dropped the meds and went alternative, things are SO much better......

like you, I attribute all of this to God's Faithfulness in answering the many prayers that have been offered for my son!

He is 13 now and just got back from a Youth Mission trip to Nicaragua.

His recovery from severe tics and OCD etc has been truly miraculous and I too thank the Lord for his leading and guidance on finding information to help my son.

This website is another one of the many blessings that we all have! :)