ACN Latitudes Forums

DD update

Hi there,

I have only been lurking for the past month because things have seemed so bleak over here. However, we may have found some new pieces to our puzzle that are helping our DD4. I wanted to post it for everyone in case it could help anyone else. I'm putting a link to my blog to keep it concise. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

http://pandasmom.wordpress.com/

I am sorry things have felt so bleak but I am very glad you see some light. It is interesting since I was just reading up on Curcumin and Tumeric tonight looking for some answers myself since I have been so down lately goo. I consider it a sign and I will give it a try. Thank you for sharing what you have learned and good luck!

Susan

I am sorry things have felt so bleak but I am very glad you see some light. It is interesting since I was just reading up on Curcumin and Tumeric tonight looking for some answers myself since I have been so down lately goo. I consider it a sign and I will give it a try. Thank you for sharing what you have learned and good luck!

Susan

We just added organic tumeric to DS13's supplement regimen about 10 days ago, and so far, so good. He's taking so many supplements in addition to the abx, it is difficult sometimes to acknowledge any particular effect as being tied to any particular addition, but he's definitely feeling better and behaving better! Thanks for the blog!

Susan

We just added organic tumeric to DS13's supplement regimen about 10 days ago, and so far, so good. He's taking so many supplements in addition to the abx, it is difficult sometimes to acknowledge any particular effect as being tied to any particular addition, but he's definitely feeling better and behaving better! Thanks for the blog!

Yesterday was our first day of Enhansa (enhansed curcumin supp). I'm starting slow at 75mg once per day. According to Lee Silsby's diagnosing schedule it should be 150mg once daily for the first week but I'm cautious about die off in a kid who already has a lot on his body's plate. How much are you giving your ds13?

Gat's mom

Hi there,

I have only been lurking for the past month because things have seemed so bleak over here. However, we may have found some new pieces to our puzzle that are helping our DD4. I wanted to post it for everyone in case it could help anyone else. I'm putting a link to my blog to keep it concise. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

http://pandasmom.wordpress.com/

Great blog and I'm with you on the anti-inflammatory piece. Have you tried the omegabrites that momto2pandas really likes because of their 7:1 EPA/DHA ratio. We switched to the a few weeks ago and have seen some nice gains. At the time it was the only new thing we'd added having taken away abx and antifungals because of the state of his stomach. Enhansa was added yesterday at a very low dose. Your approach makes sense to me and I'm sure sorry for the rough time you've had lately. Hang in there!

Hi - so glad you're seeing a good response.

This article looks interesting in light of your positive response -

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=A...d24a7ae3f323d47

Neuroprotective effect of curcumin on focal cerebral ischemic rats by preventing blood–brain barrier damage

Curcumin, a member of the curcuminoid family of compounds, is a yellow colored phenolic pigment obtained from powdered rhizome of C. longa Linn. Recent studies have demonstrated that curcumin has protective effects against cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury. However, little is known about its mechanism. Disruption of the blood–brain barrier occurs after stroke. Protection of the blood–brain barrier has become an important target of stroke interventions in experimental therapeutic. The objective of the present study was to determine whether curcumin prevents cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury by protecting blood–brain barrier integrity. We report that a single injection of curcumin (1 and 2 mg/kg, i.v.) 30 min after focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in rats significantly diminished infarct volume, improved neurological deficit, decreased mortality, reduced the water content of the brain and the extravasation of Evans blue dye in ipsilateral hemisphere in a dose-dependent manner. In cultured astrocytes, curcumin significantly inhibited inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) expression and NOx (Nitrites/nitrates contents) production induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS)/tumor necrosis factor α (TNFα). Furthermore, curcumin prevented ONOO− donor SIN-1-induced cerebral capillaries endothelial cells damage. We concluded that curcumin ameliorates cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury by preventing ONOO− mediated blood–brain barrier damage.

For us I feel sure BBB integrity is the key. Perhaps for your dd, the IVIGs and steroids were helping to keep the BBB closed rather than lowering the offending antibodies etc in the bloodstream.

Hope you keep seeing improvement..