ACN Latitudes Forums

Play Therapist Recommendations?

We've been slowly but surely getting better - even had our first completely "normal" day in months on Monday - yay!! But our pediatrician still thinks that therapy will help our little man cope with the OCD and help him self soothe (which he has been able to do with more frequency as he continues the abx.) The recommendations that we've gotten so far don't specialize in play therapy - which is the most likely course of action for us right now since our little man is only 2 1/2. I've gotten one recommendation from a friend of a friend who is a child psychologist, but I was wondering if anyone out there knew of anyone else?

Thanks!

Hi. I don't have a recommendation for you, but a suggestion. Contact your school district and ask if you can somehow get into contact with someone in the Early Childhood team. They are OT's, therapists, slp's in the district that deal with ages 3-6 who have IEP's. Perhaps they can give you a recommendation.

I also do suggest reading up on OCD your own. There are things you can do to help your child while you are waiting to find a professional.