ACN Latitudes Forums

Is this true?

lele

My doctor told us if the TS kid has his motor and vocal tics at the same time, I mean once he jerking his neck, he will make clear throat at the same moment, that means his TS is very severely compare with the others. Is this true?

So disperate about that since my son is one of them who has motor and vocal tics at the same time.

Need encourage now. Any piece of info will be highly appreciate

no Lele....IMHO that doctor is not correct in saying that.

the severity of TS depends on the impact it has on normal functioning and whether the tics cause injury etc

having vocals at the same time as motor tics can also occur in those who have mild TS

lele,

So sorry that you are so stress out. I totally understand. It is so hard to relax when your child is having problems. Just try not to get caught up w/what the drs say about TS. As Chemar pointed out, severity depends on how much it impact one's life.

Pat

Doctors can really freak us out with their insensitivity. We were told to ignore the tics and "hope" they go away.....ignore the hundreds of tics....yeah, ok! It's really hard to find doctors who really know what they are talking about. I'm sure you as a parent are a 100% more knowledgeable than most MDs out there on this topic. You can become an expert quick when your baby is the one suffering.